“Ok for the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Johnstown

You added Knights Inn Johnstown to your Saves list
Knights Inn Johnstown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1540 Scalp Ave., Johnstown, PA 15904 (Formerly Rosewood)   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Johnstown
Latrobe, PA
“Ok for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were in town for a sporting event and needed a place to stay overnight. The hotel is an older hotel. The actual hotel is separate from the front desk. My children, ages 9, 11 & 14, have been spoiled by staying at Hampton's or that scale of hotel. They were not impresses. It was a hotel that my family would have stayed at when I was a kid. It was clean, but small. It had only the basics and that was ok. If you aren't picky and can do without extras, it is a good deal. I should also say that other hotels were around $100 more per night!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

On work trips, I want a cheap hotel... But I still have certain standards. Knights Inn was worth it to me. I got my room for $44 a night, so for that price I am expecting clean sheets, a clean room, and hot water. This hotel met that well. I like that they don't have those gross hotel duvet covers; the bed had a white thinner comforter on top, that is washable.

But, since I am an expensive hotel girl a heart, I will tell you what I didn't like, so you are prepared. The shower curtain is feels way too close in taking the shower... And you know that isn't washed every week. This was a motel, that they closed (walled) in. Yes, a little weird... But funny enough, before it was a Knights inn, 3 years ago, we had drove past this place and thought it was scary! Things have changed a lot in 3 years. But back to being a closed in motel... Your only window is the "front" and the hallway light is so bright it is easy to lose concept of what time of day it is... The bright hallway light still manages to come in thrust the night. Light is important to me, so I notice things like that.

But if you can get this place for less than $45, for a work trip, totally I worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel latched on to the Knights Inn name. Now they will have corporate resources to help with advertising and upgrading.
I spent 2 nights here because of a wedding. For the money it was ok. The public areas were all very nice and newly updated. The rooms were a bit strange to say the least.
1. each floor had its own door to get into. You couldn't go from the first to the second floor with out going outside.
2. The rooms were all solid concrete. There was no cell service in the rooms because of this.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. 2 maids had quit and so the young man who does maintenance was helping to clean the rooms. I asked for extra towels and toilet paper and it was brought right to the room.

I would not have stayed here if it had not been for my attending the wedding.

Hopefully they will start working on updating the rooms. That would bring in more people I'm sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DuBois PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can over look a few flaws in a motel, if the price is low enough - however this motel is fairly expensive, at $380 a week.
Here are a list of issues I have with this place
1: 80's style motel
8: They used magic marker to write the room numbers over the doors
9: Drywall in the hallway is cracking
10: Exposed electrical wiring were lights use to be in the hall ways

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Johnstown hotels

robesonia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

As a college graduate, i found it hard to believe i couldn't find the door to get to my room.ODD. Front wall of room was all window with a curtain that didn't cover the entire space.ODD. The light from the hall lit up the room.ODD. Coffee pot dirty and used.ICK. Shower curtain moldy and towel rack fell off the wall.ICK. No thermostat control...room was like a sauna even though it was cold outside.ODD. TV wouldn't stay on if you turned off the lights. ODD. Can't review continental breakfast...didn't attempt it...just wanted to leave.SAD.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Westland, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is a great value and an awesome find. The property was recently purchased and is being renovated. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I was skeptical when I first saw the motel because the overall design is unusual, but I enjoyed my stay completely. When the renovations are completed, I believe this will be a gem in the lodging choices in Johnstown. There is a lounge/restaurant on the premises as well and the food is enjoyable. As a representative property of Knights Inn, I am impressed. Most Knights Inns I just don't find pleasant, this is the lone exception. Great for Wyndham rewards as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bumpass, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This Inn formerly called, Rosewood Inn, recently bought and "refurbished" to a Knights Inn. I'm still trying to figure out what they refurbished! This has to be the most customer unfriendly hotel, (service and hotel design) I've ever stayed in. Lobby/dining/bar/restaurant are in separate building from all the rooms. No convenient way to get from rooms to lobby etc except walking out to the street. Who thought of this one? No ice machines near rooms so had to get ice from lobby, which meant walking around buildings and street to get ice. Maid service was questionable. Shower barely worked. Rooms dark and dingy, poor lighting. I'll never stay there again and told them that during checkout. The location of the hotel was ideal for Thunder in the Valley which was their only good point. I had requested a first floor room, which I did not get and was told they were booked solid. Interesting that there were only 2 other vehicles in the parking lot the first 2 nights we were there. Booked????

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Johnstown? Share your experiences!