“nice hotel, good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Johnstown
Bensalem
“nice hotel, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is nice. Our room was very clean.The staff is very friendly. The morning breakfast is well stocked with eggs, sausage or pork roll, waffles, plus the usual cold items. 24 hour coffee and donuts. Tried out the pool and hot tub, both were refreshing. Lots of stores and restaurants across the road. Very easy to hop on highway and be in downtown Johnstown in just over ten minutes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kathy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for the great comments abouts our hotel.
We hope to see you again really soon!
Have a GREAT summer!

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Desk clerk Carol redeemed this couples' stay for us by upgrading us to a jacuzzi room after we found out that the pool had been drained due to "maintenance" problems. The tub was wonderful. Dual sinks, plenty of room to stretch out, cookies and donuts anytime, you get the idea. Cleanest, best appointed Comfort Inn we've seen thus far, and quiet, too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kathy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay! Carol is a wonderful employee and has been for many years with our company. I'll be sure to let her know about your comment. Our whirlpool suites are really great for just relaxing after a long day!
We hope that you come back soon to the Comfort Inn & Suites Johnstown!
johnstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The king size bed was very, very comfortable, the breakfast was tasty and generous with plenty of variety and it had an indoor pool and workout room. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I would stay there again.
But in my opinion, it does need some tender loving care and a deep cleaning. The daily cleaning was good but it needs a good spring cleaning. This hotel is at a point where they need to put a little money and time into it - I hope they do because I would like to stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We enjoyed having you stay with! Thanks for taking a few minutes to let us know how your stay was. It is in the works to start renovations on the guests rooms the end of August. So the next time you come back to the Comfort inn & Suites we hope to have a new look!
Hanalei, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Room was comfortable and clean, hotel was convenient for activities we had planned in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on hotel. We strive to make each guest feel at home while staying with us.We hope to see you again real soon!
Bradley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was in town for the "Thunder in the Valley" motorcycle event. Fun was had by all, and a very nice place to stay as well.
The jacuzzi tub was great after a long day of motorcycle riding.The suite I had was very large,with sitting area/fold out sofa bed. King size bed that was very comfortable,and full shower. 37" flat screen in the room,plus a smaller tv in the tub area,if you're into hanging out in the tub that long. It's a nice perk,
The free breakfast was the traditional fare,coffee,rolls,cereal,etc...the staff was very helpful and check in/out was a breeze.The room was clean and no discernable smells of any kind.

Room Tip: Get the hot tub Suite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was gross. The floors were sticky in the bathroom and on the carpet. You can hear everything through the doors and walls. I understand you are staying in a hotel next to other people but it was so loud!!

• Stayed March 2012
Chantilly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I'm not sure how old this hotel is but if it's any indication, they still had ashtrays still built into the walls. It's clear that they converted the smoking rooms to non smoking rooms without doing any updating or cleaning house. I stayed on the top floor and the stale cigarette smoke was horrible. I am very sensitive to it and my nose burned the entire time I was there, I would have asked to move to another floor but the entire hotel smelled of old cigarette smoke. I had wash my clothes out as soon as I got home because they smelled of smoke. And I had to air out my coat in the garage for 2 days to get the smell out of it. For $109 a night, they should be able to do some much needed renovations for goodness sake.
On another note, my stay coincided with some traveling kids Lacross teams. The kids had their goaly set up at each end of the hall and ran up and down the halls. This went on until about 11PM. I called the front desk to complain and the girl told me that she was well aware of the issue and has talked to the kids and their parents but they did not care & continued to play. She told me that she did not have security on staff and it was just her at the front desk so there wasn't much she could do. I asked her if it was just my floor or all of them. She indicated it was all of them. I told her that it clearly sounded as if her hotel was out of control and I suggested she call the police. She told me that she was already thinking of doing that. Not sure she ever did but by around 12:30AM they finally stopped. Seems to me you'd have security on staff every night. Needless to say, I won't be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!