“completely unexpected kind of wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in Johnstown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pennsylvania
“completely unexpected kind of wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

there are probably all kinds of small places to grab a decent bite in Johnstown, but, there are probably very few that have the ambition to match the kind of cuisine one would think only be found in major metros with enough foodies to care about quality seasonal ingredients. this is the kind of place one would hope to have at home in their own neighborhood. it was nearly impossible to resist ordering any of the delightful sounding specials, but we wanted to see how good regular menu items were - crepes, soups, salads, pizzas and the like. all exceeded expectations. there was also a nicely curated cocktail menu. the men's bathroom is a must see for those interested in historical representations of women. I was told the women's bathroom has an equally unique decorative style.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great food, caters to loyal locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I eat here when I'm in town on business, usually with at least one local. The food is great, the atmosphere is cozy and grown up with a little whimsy. Find a local who is known to the staff, and bring them along. An otherwise cool/professional interaction becomes intimate and inventive. Ask for recommendations and try them!!! Worlds best mushroom soup.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“21st Bday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We took our daughter here for her 21st birthday. The wait staff is well trained. I love when the owner stops by your table and really wants to hear how you enjoed your meal.

Visited July 2012
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“A DISCOVERED HIDE AWAY...Good/pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

After hearing a lot of good things about the food here, I decided to try it and see for myself. A bit pricier compared to other restaurants in the area, but the food WAS really tasty. I ordered salmon and my daughter got chicken salad. She said it was the best one she ever ate! But, I must say that we went in hungry and came out still hungry. The portions were quite small, and for the total price just under $50, we were a bit disappointed. I WILL return, but next time I'll get something different and try a mixed drink, as they seemed to have many varieties.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portage, PA USA
“This is the best restaurant in this area..... by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Eat here every chance I can. Always enjoy the food and the experience. The very few negative reviews here leave me gob smacked! Bon appetite! Good time with great food. Doesn't get much better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere