“Not bad for Johnstown sushi” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 152 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Actually the restaurant has American, Korean, Italian & Greek food. Also sushi. Interesting menu. Worth including on Trip Advisor. Tables cloths and cloth napkins!
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Not bad for Johnstown sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'm from southern California and this is where I come if I'm absolutely desperate for a sushi fix. It's the only thing that can even remotely compare to what I'm used to. If this was in CA I'd never eat here, but because I have no choice it gets a B rating for me. It's very odd that they serve sushi and Italian food…jack of all trades and master of none in my opinion. The "stuck in the 70s" decor makes it seem dirty and old/shabby -- icky! Green carpet if you get my drift.

Good for after work drinks or a date night. Pricey.

My husband ordered an expensive sushi…the waitress misheard him and doubled the order and overcharged us without so much as a "sorry". Very annoying -- if they cared about customer retention they would have eaten the cost of their mistake. Enough to make me not come back here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Albuquerque
“Really Good Seafood in Johnstown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

There are not a lot of choices for dining out in this small town and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the meal was at Nyko's. We took friends and family and all were pleased. I had the Seafood Newburg and my husband had the sea scallops. They were both done to perfection and nicely presented. You couldn't ask for friendlier, accommodating wait staff. Although the building interior is old Italian family dining esque, that didn't deter from our enjoyment of the meal. Wine selection was limited.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“My personal favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

These reviews are ridiculous. If you are a sushi lover but can't talk your friends into going out for sushi with you, go to Nykos. I can only speak of the sushi and the crab cakes. I always order a ton of sushi. I rack up a pretty hefty tab, but i consider it totally worth it. I have tried the crab soup, crab cakes, and mac n cheese. Soup is good even though it's not the best you'll ever have(but hey, you're in johnstown). Crab cakes a very good period, but the mac n cheese steals the show. Unless you are a fat lard, the crab cake meal will feed you twice. There are almost no good restaurants in johnstown. Nykos is definitely better than any of the others I have been to n it's not even close.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States
“First Time at Nyko's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I recently ate here for the first time. Not many options in the Johnstown, PA area. If you are looking for good food GOOD LUCK! Nykos was no exception. Service was excellent, but that was it. The food was mediocre at best. The place also looked dirty and was very dated. I won't be making a return trip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Sushi Around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the best place around for sushi. It is usually very tasty and fresh. From time to time, the crunchy stuff they add to the "Crunchy" rolls is stale, which ruins the rolls, but you never know when you order. The other food on the menu is too expensive and not that great. It actually made me sick when I ate it, so I stick to the sushi. The service is slow and not that great, but if you want sushi, this is the place.

• Visited May 2013