“Great Evening” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Windber, Pennsylvania
“Great Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Enjoyed dinner at the new location. My guest from out of town was impressed with both the view and the food. Loved the bruschetta - the sweet balsamic vinegar was the perfect touch. Althought the Caesar salad dressing lacked flavor, the lobster ravioli was scrumptous. Overall enjoyable dining...with a easy to digest price tag.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“New place - average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

So you would think that moving from a dump on scalp to the best view in town would make a difference- the cosy atmosphere to a large place overlooking all of downtown Johnstown- a jem with fantastic views- me and the friend with kids went on a Friday at 530- place was pretty empty- the bar was beautiful without any energy- no drink specials and no one at the bar - a few stragglers in the bar area - felt like this place was going out I business and they just got their liquor liscense a week ago.
Positives- bar has good selection of beers on tap- not red neck urine. Wine selection is ok- most low end bottles about 2.5 x the price at the liquor store.

Food- kids had spaghetti and meatballs- and chicken fingers- ok I would say
Salad was also ok- 5 bucks for a monster salad- hoping I can finish dinner- my chick Parmesan was just ok again- nothing special and the spaghetti- overcooked and the sause nothing to write home about. Shrimp scampi was avg as per guest.
Now the menu is Vast! What happened to fresh ingredients, energy in the place and making an impression, oh yeah- probably a poor excuse to be an Italian resturant.
Where is happy hour- some nice classical or Italian music playing in background- guess that was an oversight - wonder who I would fire!
Ok to grab a nice view with a bite but I still would choose the Backdoor cafe! For a nice meal with nice atmosphere

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Little Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ate here a few months ago for the first time. What a delight! The food was great! We ate the crab dip at the suggestion of our waitress and were very impressed. It was probably the best crab dip I have ever had in a restaurant! My pasta was delicious as well. Worth the stop for authentic Italian food!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant several times and have brought guests. The food is always excellent and a nice variety. I understand they are moving to a new location at the top of the Incline Plane where they have more space. So many of the negative comments about the seating being too close will be resolved. I wish them a lot of luck on their new location and hopefully will dine there in the near future.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ligonier, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not so great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here last night. The decor is nice. The music is too loud to have a nice dinner conversation. The tables are much too close. Another couple got seated right beside us and asked to be moved because they said they felt "intrusive". The tables don't have enough room between them for the servers to even get between. Then I heard a server tell the table beside us about the features for the evening, but our server didn't tell us about them. So I asked what they were offering besides what's on the menu, she stated "nothing, that's what we have"??? I ordered a glass of wine-they were out of that one. The servers kept checking their cell phones in a drawer below the beverage dispenser....it goes on and on. Food wasn't bad, but everything else made the experience poor.

• Visited February 2013