“Ugh” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 152 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Vine Street
Transit: Hotel parking garage with elevator, optional stairs, well lighted. Surface level parking lot also available.
Description: Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck is a Mediterranean restaurant specializing in foods from Italy, France, Spain and other parts of the Mediterranean basin. This cooking style uses healthy ingredients like olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
Flemington, New Jersey
“Ugh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The restaurant food was greasy, and made my husband and I ill. We ordered takeout from Harrigans, and my husband had to go back three times because of mistakes on the order. THREE TIMES. They didn't include forks, knives or spoons. They forgot the children's milk. They didn't put salad dressing in my husband's salad. They didn't fully remove the shells from my shrimp Caesar salad. Part of it was removed - I never knew what I was going to get when I bit into it. The greens were limp, and not fresh. The noodles on my husband's Asian salad were dripping in grease, and therefore dripping onto his (limp) salad greens.

Visited July 2012
cmalloy250, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Sarah,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your visit at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck. I am very sorry for the quality of service and food that you received. I have forwarded your review onto our General Manager and our Restaurant Manager to share with our Restaurant and Kitchen Staff. I am confident that they will address the issues that you have experienced and make sure that they do not happen again. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to fix these shortcomings and consider visiting us again in the near future.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Agreed, Worst Experience Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We also had reservations before the concert. We were seated right away but didn't see a waiter for 20 minutes and ordered our drinks and dinner. The 2 beers and wine came out 25 minutes later so we each ordered 2 more drinks each - never saw these. At 7:20, 80 min after being seated our dinners arrived. We too were standing and on our way out when the food arrived. We decided to shovel down the food and hurry to the show - we were late. The caesar salad was o.k., the lobster bisque was atrocious, the quesadillas were dry and brought with no condiments and my cheese steak was actually good. Was management not aware that 4000 would be attending a concert a block away? I have a tough time blaming anyone but management for this debacle.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
James,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with us at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck. I can't apologize enough to you for this particular evening's performance. There are really no excuses for it. We were ill prepared for the influx of guests. I can assure you though that an entire training module has been constructed for our staff & management based on this particular event and it will certainly not happen again. I hope that you will let us make it up to you. I would like to invite you and a guest to dine with us again at Harrigan's and we will make it right. Please call me to discuss 814-361-2623. Thanks again for sharing. Best Regards.
Pittsburgh, PA
“Worst Experience Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had reservations 2 hours before a concert. It took 15 minutes to even see a waiter, then another 25 minutes to receive 4 bottles of beer. After this, it took 35 minutes to receive our salads and soup, and when our entrees did not arrive within 1 hour and 35 minutes of being seated, we decided to walk out. The wait staff was rude and inconsiderate, and the kitchen is obviously incompetent. We ate hot dogs at the show instead of our meal. What a waste of time, there were FOUR other tables around us that all walked out. Avoid this place at all costs!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
cmalloy250, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
John,
I am actually very glad that you took time to share your experience about this particular trip to Harrigan's. I am glad that we heard from you so that I could at the very least apologize to you and your friends. The service that your group received that evening and along with the other tables around you was inexcusable. In fact at the end of that day, we without a doubt dropped the ball on service to a lot of guests. I can not apologize to you and any others who may have shared your experience with us that night. I can assure you though, we had a very in depth meeting with management and staff to discuss what went wrong, how we can fix it, and the importance of it never happening again. I can assure you that you will never have that same encounter with us in the future. I hope that I can convince you to come, stay with us and let us treat you to a deserving dinner. Please call me and I will be happy to arrange the details for you at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for your input and thank you for giving me the opportunity to apologize for our shortcoming. I hope to hear from you soon. 814-361-2623.
Pgh
“Fresh Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

If you want fresh & delicious seafood, this is the place to go in Johnstown. My seared scallops were still alive & kicking in their shell when I ordered them. How can you get fresher than that? They were served on a langostino risotto with roasted asparagus wrapped in carrot. It was "Iron Chef" quality! They also have an amazing wine list.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cmalloy250, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Tom,
Thanks so much for sharing your seafood experience with us! Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck does have the freshest seafood around! Chef Snee gets our seafood daily and it is NEVER frozen and always prepared to order! If you haven't had it yet, Harrigan's has incredible SUSHI ON FRIDAYS too!! It is definitely worth checking out! Hope to see you again soon!!
Western Pennsylvania
“Good food, good ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Recently redecorated... finest decor in town. Excellent food, well-presented, prompt service, lovely piano music nearby. Large portions from a good kitchen. Light eaters, or those who want a starter course, may like the tapas menu. Hate to criticize a hard-working server, but she could have been a bit more laid back.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cmalloy250, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Ernest, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us along with the ambiance and decor! We do our best to make Harrigan's a memorable place for our guests! I am happy to hear that it is working!! I hope you will come back to see us again soon!