“Pretty Good Place for Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 152 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Rey Azteca 736 Scalp Ave Johnstown, PA 15904 (814) 266-2294 Open M-F 11:00 Am to 10:00 PM GREAT AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD!!!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pretty Good Place for Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food is quick when you go - great place for lunch. The servers are friendly and the food is pretty tasty. I've heard some sketchy things about bugs being found in the food, which makes me very leary, but I have not had it happen to me so I'll continue to eat there until I find something. Prices are just right, too.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

PA
“Bland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to me when I visited Johnstown. What a disappointment. No way is this Mexican. Even the guacamole needed salt and the chips were tasteless. Everything seemed bland, as if they tried hard to "Americanize" the food.

Visited June 2013
Maryland,US
“It's where the locals go to have Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Wife and I avoid the fast food scene and it was Sunday evening driving around Johnstown looking for dinner.

This place was not only open, but the parking lot was 3/4 full. So we knew it had to be good. And it was.

Granted, it was the standard mexican menu, but it was what you hope to get. A well prepared food(on heated plates, sweet), fairly inexpensive, enough that you are taking food home and a nice atmosphere.

What more could you ask for?

Visited April 2013
Tire Hill, PA
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great food, great portion size for the money, great prices, great service. Not much more needs to be said...

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“Great place for Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When we visit our daughter at UPJ & discuss where to eat Rey-Azteca is always at the top of the list. The food is always good. Especially the fresh made tortilla chips & salsa they start you out with; this time we tried the queso and it was wonderful - not too spicy but still had a little kick. I love how you can get platters with a little bit of everything - good for me because I have a hard time deciding. My husband loves one of their shrimp dishes - sorry I can't remember which one. The service is always great. You should really check this place out if you like authentic Mexican food.

Visited March 2013