“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Johnstown
South Jersey
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Hampton Inn located in Johnstown, PA was perfect for my needs of a place to stay while on business. Clean, comfortable, quick check in and out.

I've stayed here a couple of times and when the pool is in season, it's real nice. Great value and located centrally near everything (including of course my job site).

Breakfast was free which is always a plus when on a per diem control-budget. Super quick get your food and get to work. the place had many of the 'little' things that make a stay nice. when one is traveling be it for work or pleasure, you want a place to stay that gives you 'foundation', peace of mind and worry free attitude. The selection of pillows is real nice also. Everything worked in the room-- locks, plumbing, electronics, internet.
The only negative thing if you can call it that was it had no in-house gym. however, the provide a free gym membership during your stay at a local collegiate public fitness center. I forget the name, but, that turned out excellent -- way more than the just the one or two treadmills and universal gym at most hotels. the fitness center had multiple work out rooms, tons of equipment, full weight room, basketball court.

I'm now considering Hampton Inn for all future travel needs.

The Hampton Inn in Johnstown PA is a no-risk place to stay. ...and the welcome cookies are excellent also!

Thanks

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here one night after dropping our son off at his job at summer camp. We chose this place after reading other reviews posted here, and we weren't disappointed. The room was spotless and quiet, with unexpected little extras like a breakfast-in-bed tray and shoe polish. The room overlooked an embankment in the back with wildflowers, which made for a pleasant view. I suspect the view from the front rooms is even better, since the hotel is on a hill facing Johnstown. There was coffee, hot chocolate and fruit available all night in the lobby. My wife gets up very early, so she was able to get her coffee there without waking me. The breakfast buffet offered more variety than I've seen in any other free buffet, with a friendly attendant who helped us with the waffle maker and made sure everything was stocked. I really liked the selection of jellies and syrups, including sugar-free varieties of each. The HDTV was nice, too. One minor complaint: the coffee cups were "eco-friendly", i.e., paper. I missed not having a real coffee cup in the room. Also, there's no on-site fitness center, although guests have access to one nearby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

This hotel is a good base for exploring local historical sites: Windber Coal Heritage Center (call ahead for a tour and be sure to stop beforehand for a meal or drink at the Windber Hotel); Johnstown Flood Museum; Heritage Discovery Center.

Hotel staff were very accommodating. We were unable to shower before departure because of a power outage, so they refunded the cost of one night's stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I booked this hotel for a one night stay. I traveled with a friend to attend a concert at the Jtown War Memorial. Had no trouble finding it, it was near an area with lots of stores and places to eat. It was early when we arrived, thought I could at least take care of the paperwork. The gal said the room was ready and it wasn't even 12:30. She asked why we were traveling, offered some suggestions to attractions and places to eat near the War Memoria. The room was comfortable, they have the best pillows. Which I did inquire about purchasing. Hampton has a Home Line that you can order pillows, linens from. We were greeted by the gentleman working the front desk when we came in. When we came back later that night after the concert we did help our selves to the complimentary hot beverages. One was in need of refilling and it was taken care of promptly. The room was nice, could of stayed a few more nights there, no problem. Breakfast was well stocked and we sat leisurely for awhile after we ate and had more coffee. It was close to time for them to close the breakfast down and many were coming to get breakfast so we gave up our seats then. But it was a really nice stay and I really can't find anything negative to say about it. My friend enjoyed it very much, her first girls weekend ever. She is use to camping with her husband and thought it was all very nice. I thought it was really nice that we could check in as early as we could. It kind of made the stay a bit longer.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Gettysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here while visiting my son and his family. The room was well appointed and clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There wasn't a indoor pool which is not a issue with us nor was there a workout area, but they do partner with a facility off premise. My biggest dissapointment was no on site coin laundry but I was able to use my daughter in laws. The breakfast was satisfying to us and it varied each day. I loved having access to coffee and tea any time and the evening cookies were wonderful. We plan to stay here when we visit my son.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Clean rooms with friendly staff. Safe. Great breakfast, with hot drinks available 24 hours.
I have stayed in three other hotels in the area, and no doubt will continue to return to this Hampton Inn. Only negative, no on site fitness.

• Stayed October 2010
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Check-in was quick with friendly desk clerks. Room was very modern and despite some hair on the bathroom floor, very clean. Breakfast was very good with a variety of selections. The attendant for breakfast looked like she has seen better days and wasn't very talkative...maybe it was just an early morning. Overall, great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Johnstown? Share your experiences!