“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Johnstown
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just stayed here over the weekend for my sister's wedding and we really liked it. The room was very clean and we had no issues at all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I do feel that it was a little pricey for what the room was, but it wasn't outrageous.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We will never ever stay at the Johnstown Sleep Inn ever again! After struggling to get our luggage through their one door (as opposed to most hotels which have a set of double doors which open automatically). Then we were in the cramped tiny vestibule and had to manage to get the next door open while pushing our luggage through yet another small door.

There was water all over the floor as we stood in the reception area. Rather than doing something like cleaning it up, the receptionist merely commented, "Oh someone spilled some ice". So there we were with our bags, two small children and this spill as we tried to check into this place we were quickly realizing was quite awful. In the middle of the check-in process, despite our best efforts to keep our 2 year old away from the puddle of water sitting on the floor, he slipped, fell and hit the back of his head. What does our brilliant receptionist say? "Oh did he fall? Someone spilled some ice". YES my small toddler fell because you couldn't figure out how to mop up a spill and make the area safe and passable. Thanks for your concern!

The place smelled musty and they give only one pillow per guest. With two adults and two children sharing a room, guess what, it wasn't enough! It was very uncomfortable. The towels felt like sandpaper and there was hair from a previous guest that we ended up cleaning out of the shower. GROSS and DISGUSTING.

Overall you couldn't pay me to stay here ever again. They have no standards whatsoever.

Room Tip: Do not choose the Sleep Inn in Johnstown unless you like poor service, uncomfortable accommodations...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
pittsburgh, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Spent 3 nights here last week, and was really worried about staying at a hotel chain I am not usually familiar with. Add to that, I was worried about the ole city of Johnstown and the hotels maybe being over run with truckers.
Man, was I wrong...
Hotel was in the middle of a nice area, with plenty of shopping and food places around. Hotel desk personnel were nice and pleasant. Check in was a breeze.
Room was on 2nd floor, and there was alot of noise from kids running in the hallways...and a door on the first floor would thump in our room every time someone used it....but didnt take away from the stay.
Room was clean to my standards, with updated furniture and decor. Bathroom was.........weird. Toilet and shower in what looked like a closet, with the sink out in the main room. Not very hygenic IMO and a peeve of mine (see other hotel reviews)
Shower was a nice size though once you got inside.

Power went out about 6pm on first night there due to a major storm, and stayed out til about 11:40pm......PITCH BLACK!!! I didnt see anything in the way of emergency lighting in the hallways or lobby too much. Water was coming in the window, noticed there was no lock mechanism on the window. But it didnt matter, cause leaving the window open was the ONLY air you could get while the power was out.
Housekeeping was good from day to day
Waffle breakfast was included in our stay, although we did not use it.

All in all, would stay again...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RLA15904, Director of Operations at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our property. We are very proud of the new renovations and hoped you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again to see us soon.
Pittsburgh, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had never stayed at a Sleep Inn that I can remember. We chose to stay there for a recent wedding. I researched online and chose it for the price, location, and amenities. My family agreed that I definitely made a good choice. We were close to everything – movies, restaurants, local attractions, and of course a Wal-Mart for any items we needed. The hotel also graciously offered to provide any item we may have forgotten. The rooms were clean and nice, nice breakfast, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! In the future we definitely plan to stay at Sleep Inn’s.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
KathyMGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. We are very proud of the newly renovated rooms. The new color scheme is very relaxing. We hope that you will come back again to Johnstown and visit with us soon. Have a great summer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband stayed at this hotel over Memorial day weekend. We booked our room with Expedia and made special requests (one of them being the 3rd floor)

We arrived after 12:45am and our keys and computer login ticket was all ready for us in seconds. Very speedy check in and very nice night staff.

Our room was beautiful! Nice light green accent wall gave the room a homelike appeal. It was clean, very modern, and had all the amnesties we needed (fridge)

The bed was very comfortable (harder than I'm used to) but still comfortable. The pillows were like sleeping on clouds! The TV had tons of stations to choose from which was great in a rainy day!

The location was GREAT! Right across from the shopping plaza and seconds from all fast food/restaurants. With all that said our room was extremely quiet, never heard traffic or in house loudness.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone! Great place t

• Stayed May 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

After spending the weekend here I will never go back. First we requested a specific as we have stayed here before. The room was booked when we got there. The hotel got new mattresses - ours was upside down and we had to flip the mattress only to realize it was like sleeping on a rock. My back has been sore since I left. Then the hotel ran out of hot water. We had to wait 2 hours to take a shower in the morning. Their computer systems went down and I was promised a receipt with a reduced rate due to the hot water issue and guess what - I didn't receive anything other than a charge for the full price to my card. On our 2nd day at the hotel we were locked out of hotel room. Upon going to the front desk - were were told that the clerk on Friday night was an idiot and only set all the keys to work for one night. He talked very badly about his co-worker to us. Very unprofessional. I will never stay here again. Horrible experience and the absolute worst new mattress I have ever slept on. By the 2nd night we were calling it the Rock of Gilbratar bed. Absolutely horrible.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
KathyMGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Michele T, Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay. First let me apologize for your unpleasant stay and for the unprofessionalism of the clerk. We have just completed a complete remodel of our hotel and very proud of the results. I'm sorry that you did not sleep well on the new matresses.
Looking into the water problem we did find that we had an issue with a hot water tank and immediately had someone come in and take care of the problem. I have also emailed a copy of the your bill with a reduction in the rate due to this problem. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.
Please know that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that we hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that we do truely care about our guests. We hope that your next visit to Johnstown you will give us the chance to prove that we do care.
Ruckersville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting family in the Johnstown area. Although the hotel was showing its age in some areas, the staff have always been helpful and friendly, the rooms very clean and the beds comfy. It's really no frills but when you're on a budget, I don't think you could ask for better. We never had trouble with noise from the halls. We will be going back to Johnstown soon but may have to go across the parking lot to the Comfort Inn since we'll be traveling with our little ones -- we'd like a Suite this time around.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!