“Good Place for An Overnight on a Wet and Stormy Night” 4 of 5 stars

Hamilton Hume Motor Inn
9 Laidlaw Street, Yass, New South Wales 2582, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Yass
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Good Place for An Overnight on a Wet and Stormy Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Like a lot of other reviewers, this was an overnight stop on a longer trip. It was wet ++++ and motorcycles aren't necessarily the best mode of transport in these conditions, so the motel sign was a welcome sight.
I'd booked one of the renovated rooms with its own private courtyard. On this occasion its only use would have been as an outdoor shower but maybe on another night it would be pleasant to sit and have a drink or chat.
Room was clean and the A/C worked (quietly) and all the fittings and fixtures seemed to be functional.
Because of the weather I got a meal from the in-house prepared room service, which was excellent value as well as being tasty.
The staff were friendly and didn't mind me dripping on the reception floor.
I's recommend this motel definitely as an overnighter and even for longer if staying around Yass for a few days.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Awesome value for money. Stayed there for a night last December and we all had a proper sleep after a whole day picking cherries in Young. The 5 family rooms we booked was all clean and in good condition.The owners are very helpful and accommodating to our needs. We even received a room upgrade. Definitely recommendable!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Transit on our way to the coast - awesome value for money and great service.

Owners are only to happy to assist with anything. We booked a 2 bedroom family room, Room 35 - this room has just been renovated and they have done a great job.

We did not want to go out, as we still had to drive the next day, and did not want to unpack the car, so we ordered room service. I would have to say it was the best value for money, and the food was great.

Would we stay again - yes we will make this our stopover point from now on.

Room Tip: I would definately book a renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I booked online and it was only when I arrived and the receptionist offered me a ground floor room that I realised I had booked a room up a flight of stairs. D'uh! The offer of the ground floor room (a 'budget', or un-renovated room) was accompanied by the description that "the room is very clean, and the carpet has stains we can't get remove." The carpet was as described - and the room was reasonably large, the bed was comfy, the aircon worked well, the fridge was quiet ... the only problem I had was that the wifi wasn't working. Although the kitchen wasn't officially open until the following night, we managed to order a couple of simple meals which were delivered with a smile, and represented good value - around $20 for a T-bone steak with fries and a green salad. We were happy with the service, the accommodation and the meal, and would stay there again - but next time would probably spend a little more, and get a renovated room.

Room Tip: use the comments part of the online booking form to indicate you want a ground floor room - and in m...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
South Shields
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Typical Motel Hotel, Bed, Fridge, Shower, Loo. Very clean in refurbished rooms, have 3 grades, $95, $85, $75 had $95 for $75 so ask. NO WARDROBE, so had to leave clothes hanging in the car, beer in fridge and dowm to Australian Hotel / Pub for Chicken Parma at $15 with free drink (schooner). 2 more beers and back for shower, brilliant feeling much better, smoker here before! and he did not mention this on arrival!, most rooms i have been in are non-smoking. Open windows and they are not able to open all the way, no fly curtain on patio door, so have to suffer smoke. Why dont they air the rooms when smokers leave, OR HAVE A NO SMOKING POLICY. Couple next door constantly outside having a ciggy.
Would i come again, yes - if i could find nothing better and on first impressions this looks the best in town.

Room Tip: Top room at bottom price
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

With family in Melb, Yass is a frequent stop over for me. I've stayed at a few of the motor inns there with your typical motel-style rooms - tiny old-style rooms, that do the job, but in need of touch ups. For the first time I stayed at Hamilton hume, expecting similar. I stayed in a courtyard unit and was blown away by the cleanliness and 'moderness' of the rooms! They looked brand new, it was a very welcomed and surprising change from my usual accomodation! I know where i'll be staying from now on - great service and rates too!

Room Tip: Courtyard all the way!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Corowa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I choose to stay in Yass as it was a great meeting point for my family. My Daughter, myself and her 16month old baby stayed in a 2 bedroom courtyard unit. This unit has been recently renovated, and reasonably priced for the 3 nights. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I had forgotten to pack the cot, however i was automatically asked on check in if a cot was required, i was so thank full and they did not charge anything additional for this. The room had a microwave which was perfect for heating the babies bottles.. and the private courtyard was fantastic for him, as he could get outside without us having to worry about the cars. The rooms were imacculate and serviced daily with fresh towels. I was offerred extra milk for the baby even though i did not required it, it is always nice to be offered.
We had a family BBQ with some friends from Canberra, it was great as there is a grassed area the kids could run around. The owners provided us with all cooking utensils, plates etc and even offered to cook us hot chips to go with our steaks.
We had room service one night we were there, and it was great value for money, and the menu was quite extensive.. not just fish and chips and your basic stuff. We had Surf and Turf with scotch fillet steak.. it really was amazing.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone that was wanting a place to stay outside the Canberra City, or as a stopover.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hamilton Hume Motor Inn? Share your experiences!