“poor service, small portions ...wouldn't return” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“poor service, small portions ...wouldn't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

while waiting at our table for a server (which took along time to come over), we over heard another table unhappy about not receiving one of their entrees and everyone else had eaten. the chef came out and blamed it on the server.
another table actually left because after waiting over half an hour they still hadn't received their appetizers yet.

Portion of nachoes supreme was tasty but extremely small!
server never checked back with us and seemed totally inexperienced with serving, taking orders and delivery.

In total 4 tables either left without food or left unhappy and unsatisfied about their food and/or service.

I would not recommend this eatery, nor would I return!

In this economy business's need to be on the ball, and offer something of value if you want customers to return. Pepper Jack's did not offer this.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

33% Recommend
Philadelphia Pennsylvania
“Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This was a clean place where you won't starve. However, the food was more like 1950's Betty Cocker "Mexican" than actual Mexican or Tex-Mex. The waitress was nice.

Visited July 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
“THE BEST MEXICAN EVER!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My fiance and me went to pepperjacks while visiting family in the surrounding area for a birthday. We wanted something not traditional like pizza,chineese,steak, so on and so forth I had a chicken cholula and my fiance a chicken fajita both of them were delicious not to mention the homemade chili and mexican corn chowder they were so good we got some to take back home with us.The waitress was spectactular very friendly and kept asking if she could get us anything. We also had the margaritas a raspberry and house WOW so good not like anything we were used to. they payed attention to us very well even though they were very busy. i can not wait to go back again and bring more and more people to try and love this place like we did. DISREGUARD ALL OF THE BAD REVIEWS!!!!! this place is top notch!!!!!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palmerton, Pennsylvania
“Wish I would have read the reviews before we went”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was an unplanned visit. Had a busy day, drove thru Jim Thorpe and winged it! What a mistake. We were the only couple in the restaurant, which I commented to waitress, she responded everyone has been slow today. Food was nothing to brag about, over priced for the small portions. I've been to other restaurants in Jim Thorpe, which were all very good. This one was disappointing, we will not return.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
MEXICAN1, Manager at PEPPERJACKS TEX MEX GRILL & AZUL LOUNGE, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
I am sorry you were disappointed. i will gladly offer you a chance to return with a discount. The portions are not small and everything is made fresh. All the restaurants are slow this time of year. We have had alot of people writing comments that are not true. Somewhere we made an enemy but I would like to fix this. I will personally take care of you. I do not think it is fair when someone trys to hurt one business to make another look good. This is the problem we have been having.
“Was good when it first opened, declined ever since...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

Service is good, but the food quality is just not there anymore. Seems like packet cooking instead of fresh ingredients.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
MEXICAN1, Manager at PEPPERJACKS TEX MEX GRILL & AZUL LOUNGE, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
all of our food is made fresh daily. there are no packets. i am terribly sorry you were disappointed and wish you would have told me. i will gladly offer you to come back for a discounted meal. i like to fix any problem immediately.