“Beautiful Inn” 5 of 5 stars

24 Broadway, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jim Thorpe
“Beautiful Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very spacious room for standard size- staff were pleasant- the voucher for the restaurant was much nicer than any hotel breakfast- nicer than staying in a chain hotel-relaxing stay- only issue was when we stopped at the bar on our first night no one acknowledged us and we eventually left-staff there seemed preoccupied but both days during breakfast the staff were awesome

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Anoka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I loved this Inn and would stay there again in a heart beat. We stayed 3 nights in 2 different rooms. both rooms were roomy with nice bathrooms and comfortable furnishings. Cable TV, air and WiFi. We love to stay in historic Inns but I have never seen one that kept the charm and historic feel along with offering the modern conveniences. There is a bar and restaurant attached and a great second floor balcony fully roofed with wicker chairs and tables, games and books available for borrowing. The front desk was very helpful and you got a 7.00 per person voucher for breakfast in the restaurant per person. The food there was good and you could get it to take out but the service was a bit slow and reservations were recommended. Parking was free but not enough. On weekends they had a couple of other lots a block away.

Room Tip: I enjoyed having windows facing the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mehoopany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at the Inn. I could not think of a better place to spend a few days. The town is amazing. I have lived nearby all my 63 years and never stayed intown. The food was good and the beer selection good as well We will be back for sure. All we can really say is ALL GOOD, go there and enjoy!:-)

Room Tip: Great breakfast
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
South Haven, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We only stayed one night but their website and e-mail after I made reservations makes everything very clear. Streets are narrow, parking limited, they send you are parking pass! The building is well kept for an old building. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was nicely decorated.
We could hear some of the Thursday evening entertainment but it was done by 9 pm or so. I also discovered one of our windows was partially open at the top so I closed that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
new jersey usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our June trip to JT was fantastic. This time we came with friends. We were upgraded to a small suite to make room for a lot of girl scouts. Whirlpool tub was nice! Too bad the gas fireplace was turned off....
We spent a lot of time both days on the second floor balcony watching the people and having some wine.
My wife's favorite thing about the Inn is how clean it is.
My only negative was we didn't get any cookies when checked in though our friends did....!
:-)

Room Tip: choose a room in the front of the hotel. If you don't like ghosts be sure and mention it...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have stayed at the Inn many times over the years. It's close to my home town and all my friends. Remodeling and renovating have made it so comfortable! All of the staff is just amazing...So very friendly, helpful and so ready to go that "extra mile", which they do for me with almost every visit I've made. Chuckle...they know who they are, too. If I'm there and someone asks for me, Jim just tells them "She's probably up on the veranda." Amy was so patient as I told her how to make my margaritas...and she did it perfectly! Delicious!
There is only ONE piece of advice I would give and that is to have their musicians turn down the incredibly loud volume in the beautiful bar area. My friends and I have to shout to hear what each other is saying! We have asked the bartenders and waitresses to turn it down but either the request isn't passed on to the musician or he can't hear what THEY are saying! At night, it is so loud that we stopped going in there. We just go to Molly Maguire's around the corner. If you don't know who the Molly Maguires were... check them out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can't hear the music, probably on the 3rd or 4th floors or in the back...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We just wanted to get away for a long weekend. My wife found Jim Thorpe, PA just by surfing the web. The Inn sounded interesting. From the time we checked in unitl the time we left the staff were very helpful and caring. A special shout out to Lynda. Karol, Renee, and Dave. They were especially friendly and helpful.The room was a little small for a standard room. The bed was comfortable. They provide feather pillows. The bath was fine. Soap and conditioner, in the shower, was provided by pumps mounted on the wall. A little unusual. I felt like I was at my gym. There was no dresser to put clothing away so we lived out of our bags. Not bad for only two nights. When you check in they give you vouchers you can use towards breakfast in their dinning room. The food was good and plentiful. A western omlete was not on the menu but they made one for me. They also give you chocolate chip cookies from a local bakery. They were great. The porches on each floor are fun to sit on and watch the passing parade. We will definitely return to the Inn in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the rear of the hotel to minimize the noise. The Inn is on a main street in t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!