“Had another great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jim Thorpe
new jersey usa
“Had another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our June trip to JT was fantastic. This time we came with friends. We were upgraded to a small suite to make room for a lot of girl scouts. Whirlpool tub was nice! Too bad the gas fireplace was turned off....
We spent a lot of time both days on the second floor balcony watching the people and having some wine.
My wife's favorite thing about the Inn is how clean it is.
My only negative was we didn't get any cookies when checked in though our friends did....!
:-)

Room Tip: choose a room in the front of the hotel. If you don't like ghosts be sure and mention it...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have stayed at the Inn many times over the years. It's close to my home town and all my friends. Remodeling and renovating have made it so comfortable! All of the staff is just amazing...So very friendly, helpful and so ready to go that "extra mile", which they do for me with almost every visit I've made. Chuckle...they know who they are, too. If I'm there and someone asks for me, Jim just tells them "She's probably up on the veranda." Amy was so patient as I told her how to make my margaritas...and she did it perfectly! Delicious!
There is only ONE piece of advice I would give and that is to have their musicians turn down the incredibly loud volume in the beautiful bar area. My friends and I have to shout to hear what each other is saying! We have asked the bartenders and waitresses to turn it down but either the request isn't passed on to the musician or he can't hear what THEY are saying! At night, it is so loud that we stopped going in there. We just go to Molly Maguire's around the corner. If you don't know who the Molly Maguires were... check them out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can't hear the music, probably on the 3rd or 4th floors or in the back...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We just wanted to get away for a long weekend. My wife found Jim Thorpe, PA just by surfing the web. The Inn sounded interesting. From the time we checked in unitl the time we left the staff were very helpful and caring. A special shout out to Lynda. Karol, Renee, and Dave. They were especially friendly and helpful.The room was a little small for a standard room. The bed was comfortable. They provide feather pillows. The bath was fine. Soap and conditioner, in the shower, was provided by pumps mounted on the wall. A little unusual. I felt like I was at my gym. There was no dresser to put clothing away so we lived out of our bags. Not bad for only two nights. When you check in they give you vouchers you can use towards breakfast in their dinning room. The food was good and plentiful. A western omlete was not on the menu but they made one for me. They also give you chocolate chip cookies from a local bakery. They were great. The porches on each floor are fun to sit on and watch the passing parade. We will definitely return to the Inn in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the rear of the hotel to minimize the noise. The Inn is on a main street in t...
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a quick trip to Jim Thorpe and stayed overnight at the Inn. We had a very nice standard room on the second floor. However, because the veranda was right outside our window, my husband was kept awake by loud talking by a couple outside the closed window. Next time would request a third floor room as we go to bed fairly early. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay here. We had a delicious dinner in their adjacent restaurant and hardy breakfast in the morning, they include a voucher towards breakfast with your room.

Room Tip: Not off the veranda
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in May, 2014. It is an old Victorian Hotel with all of the modern amenities. There was a mini-fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker in our room. When I mentioned to the front desk staff that there was no place to eat or work in the room except on the bed, a table and 2 chairs appeared that same day. Everyone on staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in our room one day and there was a basket with fresh towels, toilet paper and coffee (including tea and cocoa) placed outside our door. The hotel has limited parking in 3 areas. Guests are given a parking placard to allow parking in their lots. The hotel is on Broadway, which is the main street in town and you can walk to shops and restaurants. Be warned: many of the attractions (Asa Packer Mansion, Butterfly Exhibit, the Old Jail) are not open until after Memorial Day; and the steam train only runs on the weekends. October is their busiest month and the hotel may be completely booked for October by the end of May which is why we made our October reservations before we left. The hotel has a small exercise room with 2-3 pieces of equipment. There is a large porch on the second floor where we sat and listened to the Westminster chimes from the Court House down the street. When you check-in, you are given breakfast vouchers ($7.00/person) for the attached restaurant. This makes breakfast reasonable ($10-12 for 2) but dinner can be a bit pricey. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Inn.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a spa. Ask if there are any weekday rate specials when you make your reservations or...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

if you live in NJ and are looking for a quick getaway weekend to a nice spot where you can enjoy outdoor activities, this is it. Very nice place in a quaint town. nice rooms and nice balcony to have a drink and catch a little sun. Friendly people at front desk...Great base for enjoying Lehigh Gorge State Park(biking,whitewater rafting, fishing and hiking up Glenn Onoko Falls(so cool).
I'l be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I spent our 30th anniversary here. I had booked a standard room but when the manager heard that it was our anniversary, he upgraded us to a suite along with a bottle of wine. Thank you! When we checked in, we also got a package of cookies. This is our second stay here, and we love it. The Inn is an old hotel, and has a lot of character. Our suite was very comfortable and had a jacuzzi. We enjoy being able to walk out the front door and walk around town, enjoying the shops and restaurants. We especially love sitting on the balcony, enjoying our bottle of wine and talking with other guests. We had a great conversation with guests from Ohio. We each had a $7 off coupon for breakfast and had a very delicious breakfast. We live about a half hour from Jim Thorpe, and it's a great small town to visit for the old architecture, the shops, art galleries, restaurants, hiking, biking trails, and whitewater rafting on the Lehigh River. The train station is a block away for train rides on the weekends. The Asa Packer Mansion is open for tours, also the old jail. The town lies nestled in the mountains and the scenery is beautiful. Nationally known acts perform at nearby Penn's Peak, which has a panoramic view. Located a few miles outside of town are two campgrounds, one of which is Mauch Chunk County Park which has a large lake and beach. You can easily spend a couple of days here and find a lot to do. You can tell I love Jim Thorpe and the Inn at Jim Thorpe!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!