Well, where to start, we stayed in one of the rooms that had a whirlpool tub. After getting setteled my wife wanted to take a bath-well we couldn't get any hot water. I said to my wife give it some time the hot water might have run out? Well that was not the case there was no hot water for the tub the entire weekend!!! On top of that evrey time we ate, the food also was ice cold and bearly enough for 16 people!!! Beyond that, the way it was run, after YOU and I mean YOU got your own food and brought it into an adjacent room to eat YOU had to get up to get YOUR OWN coffee or tea in an entirely other room, now I don't know how other people vacation but when I pay for a weekend I would like to be able to sit down to enjoy a meal without having to get my own beverage. The murder mystery was fine but took over twelve hours out of the weekend that we both had other plans for!!!
My suggestion is go for the tour but don't stay, it would be a mistake.
- Also Known As:
- Harry Packer Mansion Hotel Jim Thorpe
- Harry Packer Mansion Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built as a wedding present in 1874, the Harry Packer Mansion now serves as a luxury inn within the Mauch Chunk Historic district of Jim Thorpe, PA, just 1 1/2 hours from Philadelphia and NYC.The Mansion was used by Disney as a model for the Haunted Mansion so it is only fitting that it is known for its award-winning Murder Mystery Weekends. Voted the best Murder Mystery weekend by the Book of Lists and recently the best on the East Coast by NPR. Come for the murder weekend, visit during the week for a quieter experience, stop by and enjoy a glass of wine on the veranda or take a tour through the mansion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Harry Packer Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.