“Much to praise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast
You added The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
61 West Broadway, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Jim Thorpe B&B and Inns
Bethesda, MD
“Much to praise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The location is convenient to all of the Jim Thorpe sights but is in a peaceful location a block beyond the hustle and bustle. Many lovely places to sit -- chairs in the yard, balcony, screened gazebo, living room, with games and books. Delicious breakfasts with fresh fruit, baked goods, entree (fancy french toast, eggs). Many nice extra touches -- cookies, port, coffee/tea available before breakfast, use of refrigerator. Maureen is gracious and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Parsonage is a beautiful bed and breakfast! Maureen was very accomodating and prepared a wonderful breakfast. We enjoyed the port wine in the gazebo at night! We were there during a heat wave and the A/C was perfect. Within walking distance to everything Jim Thorpe has to offer. Woukd recommend the Parsonage to all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Breakfast is wonderful but there's more! The Parsonage has charm and comfort: little garden settin' spaces in the yard or on the balcony; coffee and tea near your room should you want it earlier or later than breakfast; a beautiful sitting room; and a very short walk to nice dinner places and shops as well as the train and the river; even a place to store our bikes! The decor is beautifully interesting - rich simplicity with a light touch and not at all kitch. Maureen is warm, knowledgable and a great cook. The place is cushier than home, but not too much (if you know what I mean). Though this is a very old building, it is very quiet because the walls are thick! The bathroom was new and clean, everything solid and of high quality.

Room Tip: We had the room with the gravestone rubbing. I thought it might be eerie, but it is a beautiful arti...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Flushing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

On our way to a surgical follow up in NYC, we stayed here on our trip. Maureen, the host, was amazing. She went above and beyond to make sure I was extra cozy and my needs were met as I was still recovering from surgery. Wonderful breakfasts and very cozy b&b. Thank you Maureen!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My partner and I spent two nights at The Parsonage in the downstairs room. Maureen is pleasant and knowledgable about activities and attractions in town. Her morning update was very helpful and she provided us with a map and suggestions for our morning hike. Breakfast was very good both mornings with good strong coffee. The room had a private bath and we enjoyed the in room DVDs. We would stay again but not in the downstairs room. The sound of the front door opening and closing woke me up from my sleep in the early morning hours. (I went to back to sleep so no need to complain just FYI.)

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter but this is obvious.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here two nights on a dreary weekend at the beginning of March 2011. We were in the area visiting my girlfriend's friend.

The place is absolutely wonderful. It is VERY quiet and peaceful inside. We stayed in the Lehigh room. It has a very comfortable king-sized bed and private bath. High-end soaps and shampoos are provided. In fact, I liked the shampoo so much I ended up buying it online; it is named Sprout Out from Gilchrist and Soames.

Port wine is available at all times in parlor. The parlor is so comfortable I ended up failling asleep on the antique coach while waiting for my girlfriend to get ready for an evening out. The inn has beautiful antiques throughout. The rooms are all on the top floor, well above street level.

Breakfast was delicious. I cannot remember exactly what we had. Three courses were served. I do not like cantelope whatsoever, but the way she served it with a glaze on top of the half made is very delicious!

Parking was about a minute walk up the street in a shared driveway. You may also park on the street if you desire. Because it was raining when we left, we parked the car close to the front door with no problem as we loaded up.

I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Amazing place! Maureen is the sweetest and most helpful host that I have ever encountered. The stay was super comfortable and the breakfast was unique and beyond delicious. My boyfriend and I got delayed on the way here and ended up reaching only at 11:00 pm. Maureen was very accommodative and still let us check in even though the regular check in time is 2:00-4:00 pm. We were so impressed with the place that we decided to stay an extra night and extend our trip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!