“Short onHelp” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Short onHelp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Decided to stop before attending a show at the Mauch Chunk Opera House. The restaurant is uniquely decorated. The first thing we noticed was it was in disarray and messy. Nevertheless we stayed and ordered The crab bisque was flavorful. I had a sirloin sandwich and my wife had some type of chicken sandwich. My sandwich was huge. It was literally a whole sleak on two over size pieces of bread. The meal took a long time to come out and quite a few of the patrons that were performing in the show had to ask for their food to go. There was only one waitress taking care of everything inside and outside. Management really needs to address staffing problems.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reading,Pennsylvania
“Best grilled cheese ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I shared a lunch here at the recommendation from a local. Very eclectic interior. Get the grilled cheese with everything--Apple sliced, bacon and tomato on homemade bread. Fantastic!

Visited July 2014
“Quaint, personal service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Sat outside on the patio on a beautiful July night. There service was casual but personal. I took a chance and ordered the blackened talipia and it was great. Cooked to perfection, crispy on the outside but moist on the inside with the just perfect amount of blackened spices. Everything on the dish was fresh and delicious.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern New Jersey
“Slow Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I were in Jim Thorpe for our wedding anniversary and decided to have lunch at this restaurant because it was a beautiful day and had outside seating and had cute alice in wonderland themed tables. When we walked up, most of the tables outside were empty, but none of them had been cleaned off. We sat down and the waitress came over and took the previous diner's food off of the table and put our new utensils down, but didn't bother to wipe the table (should have been my first clue). I asked for water, and drank 1/2 of it, before noticing there was something stuck at the bottom inside my glass (ewwwww). Then we waited, what seemed like forever for our food (and we both ordered hot sandwiches, so wouldn't think this would take so long). No one even came out to say "your food will be a minute" or anything. Finally, our food came out, and our food WAS good, so I can't say anything bad about the food, but I would never go back because of the service.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Decent choice after a 25 mile bike ride!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Friends and we (four all together) had a late lunch here after biking the Lehigh Valley Gorge rail-trail. Beautiful day, so we elected to eat on the porch area. Two of us were vegetarian and were pleased to see options for us. To start us out, potato sticks were put out (instead of bread) - not a very appealing option. We ordered a portabello mushroom salad and one of the pizzas. Pizza is quite large and tasty, but the crust is very thick. Salad was fine, but dressing is commercial. Friends had a chicken salad, also fine but unremarkable. Service was prompt and pleasant. All-in-all fine, but nothing that cried out "wow - we've got to eat here next time we bike!"

• Visited June 2014