“Perfect Anniveresary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angel of the Morning Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Angel of the Morning Bed and Breakfast
You added Angel of the Morning Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
504 North Street, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229   |
New Jersey
“Perfect Anniveresary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

I usually don't write reviews, but Rosemary and the Angel in the Morning Bed and Breakfast was such a great experience I had to send it out to others. I wanted my anniversary with my girlfriend to be a special place we could always remember and revisit as a piece of our history. Angel in the Morning proved to be that perfect place. From the first time Rosemary and I spoke on the phone I could tell that she was a sweet, warm, and considerate person. She was friendly and very helpful with finding attractions in the area. When we arrived, tired from the day, she was so welcoming to help us get settled in, but not too much where we thought ok enough with all the chatter let us be alone. She was very considerate to our privacy and the way the house is set up you don't feel like there are people right next to you and she sleeps away from the rooms so coming in late doesn't feel like an intrusion. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic and would easily pay $30 a person in New Jersey making staying there that much of a good bargain. If you are in the area, or near, its worth a trip to see this place. The rooms are elegantly decorated and you will feel right at home here. I bet after you stay you'll want to jump on Trip Advisor and write a good review to tell the world.

Enjoy,
R

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

Due to a plumbing disaster at my vacation home in Jim Thorpe I was forced to make alternate plans on somewhat short notice. I was looking for a quiet, comfortable retreat that would be different from the somewhat sterile and impersonal atmosphere that one inevitably finds at almost all resorts and hotels. A Bed and Breakfast, especially in a Victorian town like Jim Thorpe, looked to be a perfect alternative.

After some quick research (reading reviews, checking location and price comparisons) I contacted Rosemary Fauzio, owner and proprietor. I was immediately struck by how friendly she was and the entire process of making all the arrangements was effortless and uncomplicated (I was impressed by how gracious and understanding she was when we were delayed, and our already late arrival time was pushed back another hour).

Once we arrived she greeted us warmly, we had selected the Angel Suite, and were very pleased with the cleanliness, size and decor of our accommodations. Rosemary was knowledgeable and helpful about restaurants and attractions in town and was more than willing to answer all our questions.

I have worked in the restaurant and hotel business for most of my life, I cook and run kitchens for a living so my standards when it comes to food are fairly high. I was favorably surprised by breakfast both mornings we stayed. The buckwheat pancakes the first morning were excellent, but the spinach and feta omelets we had on the second day were absolutely perfect. Both days breakfast started with fresh fruit and yogurt (and of course large amount of strong coffee for me), artfully presented with evocative table settings, including candles, in a beautiful Victorian dining room.

Overall the entire experience was entirely positive. If you are looking for a friendly, professionally run Bed and Breakfast in Jim Thorpe with some of the best food I have had eating "out" for breakfast in a while, I really have to recommend Angel of the Morning. A wonderful experience from start to finish.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockaway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

This was my second stay at Angel of the Morning. Rosemary was still charming and hospitable as ever. The B&B was so comfortable and place smelled delightful. Must have been the scrumptious breakfast :)

She will accommodate your special request for flowers and champagne and ensures everything is just perfect. The rooms are super comfy, but not in a casual way. That would be the hostess' genuine personality

I say book a weekend and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at Angel of the Morning for our 2 year anniversary in January. Our stay was absolutely wonderful from the moment we arrived and were greeted with a warm hug by the owner Rosemary. She gave us a tour and showed us to our room, the Anthracite. The room as well as the rest of her house was very charming, clean and cozy! The 2 breakfasts were great (even my husband who's a chef said they were outstanding) as well as our conversations with Rosemary who was so helpful with our plans during our stay. The amenities were more than you would receive at some swanky hotel but we received so much more than that. We were sad to leave and can not wait to go back again!!! Not only did we find a great place in a great town but we made a great new friend too! Thanks Rosemary for everything :) -Jenn and Dan H.

• Liked — We felt right at home
  • Disliked — That we had to leave
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

I would try somewhere down town. This place isn't very nice, and needs some work. Breakfast also isnt very godo at all.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Allentown, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

Just spent a get-away weekend between Christmas and New years. Found Angel In The Morning while searching for B&B's in the Poconos on line. Rosemary was a wonderful hostess, her breakfasts were fantastic (the buckwheat pancakes with apples were delightful). Our room was a little hot the first night but Rosemary adjusted the heat for the second night and it was fine. (We normally sleep with a window open in the middle of winter).. The room and jacuzzi tub were super. Very relaxing and a lot of fun, even for this more 'mature' couple. Hey, making your wife of almost 30 years laugh while sharing a tub is worth a million.

We'd go back in a heartbeat. We've stayed at a number of B&B's over the years and would definitely recommend Angel In The Morning to a friend.

• Liked — Relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — No issues
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

From the moment I met Rosemary I was taken with her warm hospitality. Staying in her home is a comfortable and relaxing experience. The rooms are spacious and very clean. My husband and I would definitely recommend her B & B and plan to stay there again when returning to Jim Thorpe. Lynne Rossi

• Liked — Comfortable and Clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Angel of the Morning Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!