“Great !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in Jim Thorpe
New York City, New York
“Great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Small , air conditioned shuttles leave on time as opposed to the competitions big school buses that leave late. They also drop you off at the beginning of the 15 mile Rockport rude. Nice people. I'll go there again .

Visited July 2014

Phoenixville, PA
“Always worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Kind of confused by reviews here. This is our fifth trip with Blue Mountain. We have rented their bikes and taken our own. We have always found the staff in the store to be polite and pleasant....not necessarily phony smiles and fake happy....but competent. Personally, I like this. These are real people. No one hiding behind a plastic smile. The driver and owner, Tom, is quite another story. We have found him to he engaging, affable, and competent. Times when we did not leave on time were due to guests running late and them holding the shuttle for them. This past time we left right on time. We rented one of the comfort bikes which were easier on our bodies than the mountain bikes, although nowhere near as comfortable as our own hybrids which we opted not to take this time because we suspected that the trail would be wet. We were correct. We ended up doing the 25 mile trip from Whitehaven. The Kevlar tires with slime in the tubes made us feel secure since we did not have a backup tube. We have gone with their competitors in years past and highly recommend Blue Mountain. We have no affiliation with these folks. We just think they do a fine job and have decent equipment and an okay price. Would be interested to hear if that was not another person's experience.

Visited June 2014
6 attraction reviews
“Grinch who stole Christmas (pre-redemption) would be proud”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went into the store with my wife and daughter the day before Christmas and was given the cold shoulder by the clerk (red-headed guy). No acknowledgment of our presence, much less any semblance of holiday warmth. Was actually interested in making some purchases but so totally turned off by this fellow's vibe I decided to take my money elsewhere. I'll try and give them another shot the next time I'm in town and will hope for a better experience.

Visited December 2013
new jersey usa
“Great bike rental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We rented bikes from Blue Mountain and were taken by van 15 miles up the gorge, and dropped off. Decent price and on-time trip.
The bikes were in great shape. They not only have Kevlar tires, but are filled with a stop leak substance so there isn't any way you'll get a flat so far up the gorge.
The people that work there are very pleasant, and helpful.
We got some good deals on clothing and even ended up purchasing two bikes.
Definitely recommended.

Visited October 2012
Raleigh
10 attraction reviews
“Apathetic manager + clerks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wow, what apathy! Teenage girls work here, and a dark-haired middle-aged female manager who could care less if you're safe, or if you have a good time. The teenage girls can't wait to get off work and go to their dates as they answer your questions as blandly as they can. The manager acts like you're doing her a huge favor renting her bikes, and tells you if you don't return the 2 used bikes or 2 helmuts, they'll charge you $1000 on your credit card. No lie. She never smiled, wished us a good trip, but instead, ordered us out of the store to wait for the driver, who was late. He couldn't find his keys. She did not tell us when he was coming. We had to pry this info out of her, and she was not happy telling us, for some reason.

The driver was real nice and friendly as he shuttled us and our bikes up to the mountain. He went out of his way to show us a cool cave.

Bike ride was okay. It's flat, NOT downhill, not at ALL. Had to peddle on and on for 15 miles. Good exercise, I suppose. To be honest, I was a little bored. Then again, I was spoiled on the Virginia Creeper Trail, which is phenomenal.

Returned. A truck almost ran my friend off the road. When she told the teenage girl inside, she yawned. I realized I never got my receipt that I paid for with my credit card (WAY over-priced, over $40) (Creeper Trail was $26 and TONS better), and I got no apologies. More yawns. When we left, there was no "did you have fun?" or "come again." Just yawns.

Hey, Blue Mountain, sorry your customers bore and annoy you! Don't worry, we won't be back.

Visited July 2013