“Wonderful Get Away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DeFeo's Manor B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
DeFeo's Manor B&B
You added DeFeo's Manor B&B to your Saves list
5 West Broadway, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Jim Thorpe B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I spent the night at DeFeo's Manor as a rare get away for the two of us. Richard and Ellen were extremely welcoming and hospitable. Our room "Blue Room" was spacious and had cute touches all over plus little extras like bowls of chocolate, granola bars, etc. Ellen made an excellent dinner recommendation and we really enjoyed exploring the town overall. We stayed in a pretty cold night and the heat in our room worked perfectly and kept us warm. I accidentally left my glasses in the room which I didn't realize until we got back to NYC and Richard and Ellen were kind enough to send them to me no questions asked. I look forward to a future stay at DeFeo's!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I were looking to get away for a weekend and we chose to go to Jim Thorpe. We stayed at the DeFeo Manor and couldn't be more happier. Richard and Ellen were as sweet as can be and were very helpful in all aspects of our visit. They made excellent dining suggestions and recommended several things to do while in town. The rooms were great, the beds were comfortable and the location is perfect for Jim Thorpe. I highly recommend their B&B and would definitely come back again. Thank you Richard and Ellen!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights in Jim Thorpe this fall and intended to have a relaxing weekend to ourselves! We got just that! Ellen and Richard were great hosts who were available and attentive. We are grateful for their warm-spirited welcomes each time we arrived back at the inn and for the solitude they allowed us! Breakfast was specially homemade every day and amenities were available in the room in case we were looking for something else. They thought of everything! The wifi was great, too, for watching movies.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue Room and loved it! The view was of the Opera House, so if you don't mind...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Staying with the DeFeos was the perfect way to experience Jim Thorpe! My girlfriend and I spent two wonderful nights in DeFeo Manor over the beginning of Memorial Day weekend. Every morning we woke up to a great assortment of breakfast items such as fruit and scones which left us feeling energized before our days of exploring. My girlfriend and I went on a running tour of Jim Thorpe starting from the Manor which proved to be the perfect vantage point for doing so! Richard and Ellen were so wonderful with their advice about where to visit around and their inspiring anecdotes about their experiences and travels. Looking forward to going back next year!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights over Memorial Day wknd 2013. The accommodations, value, & hospitality that Richard and Ellen provided were beyond excellent. This B&B is well-worth the stay if you typically enjoy staying in beautifully restored mansions in a quaint lil towns with personable, talented, welcoming hosts. The breakfast is delivered to your room's door and it's delicious. :-)
In a nutshell, the DeFao Manor not only checks all the boxes, but it offers that intangible, special touch that B&Bs should all strive for.

• Stayed May 2013
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Ellen and Richard are great. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Manor B&B. Upon learning that my husband and I are aspiring innkeepers, Richard even invited us for a drink to talk about our plans and give us advice. We also talked about the history of Jim Thorpe, got a walking guide from Richard, and awesome restaurant recommendations from Ellen. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are currently planning a trip back with the in-laws. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Defeo mannor.The experience began when we were greeted on the porch by the owners.It was as if they were anxiously awaiting our arrival.we were then showed to our rooms and that is where we fell in love!our room had so much character and warmth to it.At every corner we were delighted to find a new surprise.various snacks were set out and our fridge was stocked with cheese and crackers!It was these small touches that will bring us back to the manor our next vacation to jim thorpe.If its a stale,generic,homogenized,boring cookie cutter room you are looking then the Defoe mannor is not for you but if you seek a comfy home like atmosphere which will enhance your visit to the town then the Defoe will not disappoint!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DeFeo's Manor B&B? Share your experiences!