“Night at the Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport

You added Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport to your Saves list
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Levey Street, Wolli Creek, Rockdale, New South Wales 2205, Australia (Formerly Airport Sydney International Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wolli Creek
Sydney, Australia
“Night at the Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Great place to stay one night before and early flight. We got in late on a Friday night about 9pm and the kitchen was very accommodating to serve us dinner before their kitchen shut. The rooms were cosy with new carpet and furnishing. Bed comfortable with nice linens. The bathroom wasnt great. New tapware was fitted but very old tiling and very small sink. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
East Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Unfortunately, the reason I stayed at Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport was not a happy one - it was to attend a funeral in Sydney. When I tried to book a room in my usual hotel, it was booked out due to a number of events occurring in the city during the time I was there. Other 'second preference' hotels I have stayed at previously were also either booked out, or were charging $500-plus per night, which was ridiculous - and I was starting to panic about where I could stay. However, the Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport was able to come to my rescue and accommodate me at short notice - and the airport location was actually very convenient to where I had to spend much time during each day.

I do acknowledge that there were a few minor things wrong with the room - broken wardrobe hinges; inadequate lighting in the bathroom and a mildly challenging shower-head - but the room was clean; the sheets were fresh & crisp; the air-con worked very well during hot days in Sydney; and the cleaning staff respected the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on my door - which is always a plus for me.

The other staff were also very helpful and obliging - I had to unexpectedly extend my stay due to the funeral being delayed - and the staff managed to keep me in my room despite the hotel being booked out over the time I needed to extend for. I also had a hire car and they supported me with a discounted parking rate for my stay. I ate dinner in their restaurant on two evenings - the food was considerably better than I had expected and the restaurant staff service was nothing short of excellent.

The Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport is not a 5-star hotel - but they don't try or pretend to be. What they do offer is great service; clean and acceptable rooms; and - I think - good value for money. If you're looking for basic, no frills accommodation in close proximity to the airport that is clean, comfortable and at a cheaper rate than other hotels charge, I can recommend this place. I would go back.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently stayed here using the park'n fly option as I live on the Central Coast & it takes the stress out of travelling to meet flights. The last time I stayed a couple of years ago (Airport Sydney Int Motor Inn) I vowed never to return as it was so run down but after hearing about the refurb of the hotel I gave it another go - expecting to be critical. All I can say is - what a difference a refurb makes! The new room was comfy with modern decor and very clean - I LOVED THE BED - they've clearly made comfort a priority which is usually my main gripe, having a bad neck. The restaurant food and new decor was excellent , staff were courteous and nothing was a problem so changes there as well. On my return I arrived late in the evening when the kitchen was about to close but the chef whipped up a stir fry for me in 10 mins which was really appreciated by this tired and cranky traveller. One small gripe was the static TV reception which could have been because refurb was still underway. A lot of hard work has clearly gone into turning this hotel around and I hope it stays competitive as a reasonably priced hotel near the airport - esp with the park'n fly option. Congratulations to management and staff - the change was long overdue and it was great to experience good customer service. Will stay again when I next travel and happy to recommend.

Room Tip: I've used the park'n fly option for years with airport hotels and recommend it for peace of...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Paul B, General Manager at Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Gintim,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport and your wonderful comments.

Our team was thrilled to receive your feedback. Our Maintenance Handyperson has attended to the TV straight away. We are delighted that you liked the recent refurbishment. It has totally changed the look & feel of the rooms and guest areas.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are travelling through Sydney again.

WIth kind regards

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I enjoyed the stay. I have already stayed here couple of times. Room was very comfortable. Great improvement to old rooms. staff were extremly helpfull, friendly and attentive. Thank you very much. I will come back next week and tell my colleagues to come here as well.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks Ben E for your Excellent review.

We are so thrilled by your review. Our rooms are new, our restaurant & guest areas have had a major makeover and our team is really striving every day to deliver excellent guest service.

We look forward to seeing you again. Happy travels.

Kind regards

Paul Brasch
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport.
Mudgee, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed the night before an interstate flight and were slightly disappointed. The convenience of the motel, the ability to leave our car and the overall location were excellent. The staff were very helpful and courteous. The shuttle bus was quite handy.
However, the rooms were quite small and the overall price was a little higher than it warranted.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your complimentary comments on our team & convenience of the hotel.

We do offer two room types and various room sizes, The Standard rooms are our lead in room type, ideal for overnight or short stays. The larger Superior Rooms offer more space to spread out if preferred. All are refurbished to a very high quality.

We look forward to your next visit & please don't hesitate to contact our team if we can assist you further.

Umina Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed one night in one of the refurbished rooms and were very presently surprised by the size of the room and the lovely big bed. The room was very clean and from reception staff through to management all staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and there is a good shuttle bus service which runs regularly from the hotel.
Will stay at this hotel next time when travelling from Sydney Airport.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks Kevin for wonderful review and kind words about our team.

The newly refurbished rooms have attracted overwhelmingly positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed in the hotel many times, and it has always been basic, but clean and tidy. The increase in price since the change of ownership is noticeable, but as is the steady work making the rooms and building more presentable. I had booked this time through an online booking agent, but also needed to contact the hotel direct. The booking turned out to be wrong from what I requested, however the check in staff quickly amended it. There were no plugs in the bathroom so staff had to 'search' vacant rooms to find one. All in all a pleasant convenient stay for access to the International terminal or to Wolli Creek station for a train ride to the city

Room Tip: Main block is very noisy from doors banging with people leaving for early morning flights
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you sincerely for your feedback on our newly refurbished rooms and for being a loyal guest.

We are indeed making some monumental changes at the property for our guests. I will get Maintenance onto the plugs straight away and any doors that close loudly.

We are delighted to advise that all original rooms have been taken off line and are now being refurbished with minimal to no impact on our guest's stay. They will all be converted by the end of April along with the completion of the Reception area & Restaurant.

We look forward to assisting you the next time you are in Sydney.

Paul Brasch
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport. .

Been to Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport? Share your experiences!