“Absolutely awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport

You added Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport to your Saves list
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Levey Street, Wolli Creek, Rockdale, New South Wales 2205, Australia (Formerly Airport Sydney International Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wolli Creek
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I arrived at the hotel late at night and was shocked by the standard. This is by no means a 3* hotel. I went to my room and immediately went to reception to see if I could cancel my booking as I did not want to stay there. The room was filthy. Smelly blankets. Cracked tiles in the bathroom with mould and dirt around the grouting. The dust was horrendous and my allergies to dust mites did not help!! On complaining I was left for 1.5 hours only to be informed that I was not privy to the managers details and that I could not get a refund. They would upgrade the room but at a charge which I felt was a ludicrous solution. If it hadn't been for the fact I was being charged whether I stayed or not I would have moved on. In the end I had to grin and bear it but with a room so dirty I was happy I had my own pillow and blanket to use. There is no way I would have used theirs.
Overall one of he most unpleasant hotels I have stayed in. I thought I was safe in ordering chips / fries in the restaurant only to be served stale reheated good that was inedible. Don't be fooled by the online (professional) photos these were probably taken when it was last refurbished in 1955!!! A real let down and a disastrous end to a beautiful holiday.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mudgee, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rooms very tiny, Bathroom not cleaned properly, mould growing in shower etc... Staff were far from helpful and incompetent. The shuttle service was a complete joke! I rang the hotel the day before departure to organise the shuttle bus for pick up at the terminal as my friend and I had a 4 hour drive ahead of us when we returned. The hotel reception response was just call when you land, dont worry about it. When we landed I proceeded to call the hotel again, they said the bus would pick you up at 2:05. Time passed by and no shuttle to be seen! Finally a bus pulled up, the bus driver left the bus and walked away for atleast half and hour! At 3:00 he returned, let a group on the bus, we went to proceed to get on the shuttle and was told that this bus was only for this particular group and we were not to get on the bus. Furious at this stage I called the hotel and told them what had happened and if another shuttle was on its way as we had been already waiting an hour! There response was 'Im not sure you should probably get a taxi! We were absolutely enraged at there lack of professionalism and customer care. This is exactly why I wanted to pre book and make sure the shuttle would be there to avoid any time wasting and stuffing around when we landed, as we had a further 4 hour journey ahead of us!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

From start to finish this place was terrible!! We only needed a night to rest before the next leg of our journey. The staff were rude and incompetent, the food was disgusting and they have clearly never heard of customer service.

If you want cheap and nasty this is exactly what you will get here!!! Don't bother complaining as the staff not only will not listen but give rude responses but actually hang the phone up on you!! I was disgusted by how I was treated being a paying customer here and being spoken to the way I was t their mistake!!

Would never stay again or recommend. Watch out with this place. A cheap hotel ended up being anything but when I found my card had been over charged and took days to fix resulting in us needing to sleep over night in an airport the following night with a baby!! More than angry and I felt the solution and lack of apology not good enough!!!

Stayed April 2014
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Booked In after arriving late in Sydney. Clean but very small. You couldn't swing a cat in the bathroom. Very noisy with road traffic. Ate in the restaurant, that was a big mistake. Food was cold. Will not stay here again!

Stayed May 2014
Polk County, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

First the positives--it is close to the subway and Woolworth's grocery and had the quietest a/c of any hotel we stayed in in Australia. The room was clean. The airport shuttle worked well for us and was $6 (AUS) each. The bathroom was really small with a slight step up to stub your toe on. There were no washcloths or tissues in the room and the sink was so small you could count on getting splashed when you turned the water on.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mildura
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Shuttle from airport was half hour late, staff unfriendly, food appalling, bed hard, TV reception poor, room fittings old and damaged. Mercure across the road is dearer but well worth the extra. I won't stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night before an early morning flight out. Hotel is no frills, but such convenient location (6 mins to domestic terminal) and comfortable enough. Surprisingly quiet too given its location. And pretty good value

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport? Share your experiences!