“Location is everything!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Sydney International Airport

You added Mercure Sydney International Airport to your Saves list
Mercure Sydney International Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Levey Street, Wolli Creek, Rockdale, New South Wales 2205, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wolli Creek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Not much good to say about this place. It's a construction zone outside, the rooms are dated, staff are almost zombies they are so bored. Had to wait 15 mins for a table at the quarter full restaurant for some reason. Food is edible but can't understand why the lobby and restaurant are air conditioned in winter. At least there's no need for ice with your drink. Stay elsewhere is my advice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Richard_HoltSydney, General Manager at Mercure Sydney International Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Smugler73,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and providing your feedback.
Please accept an apology for having to wait for a table when the restaurant was not full. I have addressed our team personally in regards to this and can ensure that it will not happen in future. Upon your next visit, please feel free to ask one of our friendly team to adjust the air-con temperature or to not serve your drinks with ice.
Please note that there is a development adjacent to the hotel which is not related to our hotel undergoing any remodelling and we have measures in place to ensure that our guests and operations are not effected.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Rooms were tidy and comfortable, breakfast room was very busy with tourists, i am an Accor member and the priority desk was not manned and the staff basically ignored me and another guy, we had to join a long line to pay our bill, if you are staying at this hotel and want a reasonable drink and meal go across the road to the rowing club, very good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Phil h,

Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. In particular, thank you for the positive feedback on our rooms and cleanliness.
Please accept an apology for not being addressed when at the priority guest area. I have addressed this with our Reception team directly and can ensure that this will not happen in future.

Machynlleth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

When I went to bed I was quite happy with the hotel. I had a pleasant arrival on the shuttle from the airport, a good check in experience and a pleasant drink and light meal in the bar. I had broken my phone previously so requested a wake up call in time for my shuttle back to the airport the next morning.

No wake up call was received....

I woke up 10 minutes from when the shuttle was due to leave for the airport. Had to quickly throw some clothes on, pack and rush down to check out. Massive queue at Reception - not enough staff on. Check out was a very rushed experience, I told the woman who checked me out that I had not had a wake up call she was apologetic but still took ages to check me out (while the shuttle bus driver was bouncing up and down wanting to go).

I feel that a wake up call should be a primary service at an airport hotel (for obvious reasons) and therefore I feel I cannot rate this hotel any higher.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear rtl2,

Thank you for staying with us and providing your review.

Please accept an apology for the lack of a wake up call. I understand your frustration and how this would have effected your accommodation / travel experience.
It is truly unfortunate that this had effected your experience so much so that you have provided such a low rating. I have personally passed on this review to our reception team and can ensure that this will not happen in future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I found this hotel quite a pleasant surprise. I had booked for a work meeting and we had stayed the night as well. The staff I had encountered were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and a nice size. Down side with the room was that there was near by work going on and it was heard in the bedroom. The next morning however was raining and no work men around so noise wasn't an issue for me. I would say the rooms have recently been done up. I didn't have dinner in the hotel so can't comment on the restaurant, other than for breakfast which was usual hotel buffet food.
I found the location really good and fairly easy to get in and out of. Not much hotel parking so that's something to keep in mind.

Room Tip: If a light sleeper, perhaps request a room away from the building works.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Manns16,

Thank you for staying with us and providing a detailed review.
You are correct in assuming that our Superior rooms have recently been refurbished (June 2013).
It is great to hear the positive feedback in regards to room cleanliness and size.

We hope to host another work meeting again soon. Please contact me directly before your next visit as I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly.

Richard.Holt@accor.com

Been to Mercure Sydney International Airport? Share your experiences!