“Great location for airport and city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Sydney International Airport

You added Mercure Sydney International Airport to your Saves list
Mercure Sydney International Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Levey Street, Wolli Creek, Rockdale, New South Wales 2205, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wolli Creek
Sydney, Australia
“Great location for airport and city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our second stay here. The rooms are contemporary and comfortable. Despite location near the airport and a construction zone, we found the room quite quiet. Buffet breakfast variety was plentiful and interesting. The hotel is a short walk through a lovely park to the Wolli Creek train station with direct access to the city. Staff are polite and courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

JRHSydney, General Manager at Mercure Sydney International Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Ditto2,

Thank you for the lovely review.

Our hotel is located away from any direct flight paths and we have double glazed windows in accommodation rooms to ensure that rooms are as quiet as possible.

Your positive feedback has been communicated to the Food and Beverage team and I wish to welcome you again very shortly.

Richard.Holt@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the recent negative reviews, I was surprised as my stay was very pleasant in a very nice renovated Queen room (527). The staff were very friendly upon my late check in. The car park has been affected by the construction of new apartments directly adjacent to the hotel but there was also plenty of free street parking available at around 9pm near the rowing club opposite. My room had a mini bar. Bathroom was clean and with a glass panel (no shower curtain). Shower pressure 7/10. Got an excellent rate through Accor which is why I chose this hotel but even at the regular rate I would definitely come back. Glad I chose to stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear JodieG68,

This review is very pleasant to read.

It goes without saying that our guests are our priority and we work hard to ensure that all have a stay as lovely as yours. Each customer experience is unique and It is great to hear this feedback which I have passed on to the team to encourage the service standards mentioned.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and I would love to welcome you back again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

After 14 hours of driving all we wanted was a cold beer, a decent meal and a good nights sleep.
It started at check-in and just got progressively worse...there was no proactive direction or assistance to locate the lifts which are tucked away so we wandered around aimlessly for a couple minutes until I could speak to one of the front of house staff who were all very busy "processing" other guests ... not a good start... we thought it was just us but later whilst we were having a pre-dinner drink at the bar we had to direct seven sets of individual guest who were wandering around "lost" looking for the lifts - a simple hand direction "lifts are just through there folks" from the front of house staff would have been helpful to tired travellers.
Bar and food prices are in line with 4 star establishments however we chose to eat across the road at the Rowing Club - great food - great service and roughly 1/2 the price of the Mercure.. free membership for visitors.
Currently there is construction work in progress at the Mercure which severely restricts parking bays and would be a challenge for those seeking day rooms.
Our room (404) was a disaster and after driving for the previous 14 hours it was only total fatigue that allowed me to catch just 2-3 hours broken sleep due to aircon/fridge noise and vibration factors, and I couldn't be fagged with going through the tribulation of a room shift at that late stage. My wife however got zero sleep so I suffered her frustration and fatigue for a few hours the next morning.
Aircon in the room vibrated to the extent that we were unable to sleep unless it was off - had to turn the TV volume up to 32 just to hear the ABC news at 7pm.
Fridge noise was just as bad and I would have turned it off too if I could have found the switch.
Faeces stain on toilet bowl
Car parking @ $20/night
Wi-Fi @ $24/night
NO mini bar
Tea/coffee milk in room but only one cup - so I had to have my morning wakeup coffee in glass cradled in a wet face cloth to stop the contents from burning my hands.
All in all a very disappointing experience - definitely would be reluctant to recommend.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms with a 4 in front of them I guess...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JRHSydney, General Manager at Mercure Sydney International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear TW52,

Thank you for your detailed review.

Your feedback has been taken on board and I appreciate your perspective as a guest. By labelling the room number you have offered the opportunity to investigate specific concerns mentioned. Thank you.

Please be advised that there is development occurring adjacent to the hotel however it is not related to the hotel undergoing any remodelling or renovation. We have employed measures to ensure guests and operations are not affected by the adjacent development.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please feel free to contact me through Richard.Holt@accor.com

Once again thank you for your review.

Wollongong, NSW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I usually stay at Mercure, Sydney but was able to get a good Wotif Deal over Easter for the Mercure Airport Sydney. I would have been very angry if I had paid full price. The car park was halve dug up and fenced off. The entry to the lobby was though a barricaded hallway with minimal signage. Check in was ok but once I got to the room I was disappointed again. The room had a mustiness about it with torn wallpaper. There was no hotel directory and I had to ring reception to get a room service menu. Room service was efficient and the food was good but it was expensive. Check out was easy the next morning but I will not be hurrying back at least until the renovations are complete. So different to its city sister. No mini bar was a pain because you don't always want to out of your room to the vending machine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Bev B,

Thank you for your review.

Please be advised that there is a development taking place adjacent to the hotel. This is not related to the hotel undergoing any remodelling or renovation and we have employed measures to ensure that our guests are not effected.

I understand your frustration in regards to a lack of directional signs. Rest assured that we have signs being installed in the very near future to make wayfinding easier for guests.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discus your experience further. Please feel free to contact me directly through Richard.Holt@accor.com.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Coffs Harbour, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were happy with the service; one hiccup - we had just flown 21hrs,arrived at the hotel around midnight. We wanted to sleep in as long as possible. We were advised that breakfast was till 11am on Thurs 17th April; we arrived to the restaurant at 0950 to find that breakfast closed at 10am!!! This was disappointing. Obviously some miscommunication between departments.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Suzanne H,

Thank you for staying with us.

Please accept an apology for your experience. I have notified the relevant departments and I have reinforced the importance of accurate communication within operations and with our valued guests.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

sawtell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The room was fine, clean lines. The food and beverage service is what lets this place down, and since there is not a lot of choice in walking distance , you are stuck. Food and beverage is average at best and service is confused and slow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear blondoz34,

Thank you for staying with us.

Your positive feedback in regards to room quality is warming.

I would love the opportunity to discuss the rest of your experience in further detail. Please contact me through Richard.Holt@accor.com

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our one night stay before flying out very early the next morning was one that we had mixed feelings about this time. The hotel is surrounded by a construction zone so that the entrance foyer has moved and the car park entrance appears like a delivery entry.
We actually went around the block twice before we found the entrance and were charged $20 for the privilege of parking overnight in the open.
Reception were quite indifferent to our suggestion that entry signage would be a good idea, as they also were when we were trying to access our Advantage Plus complimentary wi Fi and our early morning checkout was quite perfunctory.
The restaurant buffet looked a bit ordinary with limited selections so we had a steak from the a la carte menu which was favourable. The restaurant service was very attentive.
The room had been renovated as much as possible with an older style facility and the foyer area also had been renovated, although now resembles a quite sterile hospital entry.
The location is very good for access to the international airport, 2 km away or domestic terminal 4 km away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Auswalkers,

Thank you for returning to Mercure Sydney International Airport.

Please note that there is a development adjacent to the hotel. It is not related to the hotel undergoing any remodelling or renovation and we have measures in place to ensure that guests are not negatively impacted by the development.

I have reinforced our loyalty member entitlements throughout the hotel to avoid any similar experience in the future.

Thank you for the positive review in regards to customer service provided by our food and beverage department.

We wish to welcome you again in the near future.

Richard.Holt@accor.com

Been to Mercure Sydney International Airport? Share your experiences!