“Perfect place for a getaway weekend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Edge Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wollombi
Wild Edge Retreat
You added Wild Edge Retreat to your Saves list
260 Craft Road, Wollombi, Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect place for a getaway weekend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My partner and I booked the earth song pavilion for 3 nights (14/2-17/2), as soon as we drove up the private road and arrived at the gate we knew it would be a peaceful weekend. After we walked in to reception and met Alan he helped us carry our bags to the pavilion and gave us a rundown on the kitchen, spa and DVD player. The pavilion was awesome well laid out, clean and you couldn't fault a thing. The view from the balcony and spa was amazing especially one morning when we noticed the fog over the mountains. Alan went out of this way to make sure we had the best weekend and truly is the best host in the industry.

Will definitely be staying again and will be recommending it to anyone looking to stay in the hunter region.

• Stayed February 2014
Wildedge, Owner at Wild Edge Retreat, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Nathann92,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of Wild Edge Retreat and of the service you received.

It was my pleasure to welcome you both to the Retreat and to help you arrange all of the little surprises you had planned over the Valentine's weekend.

Being located on a mountain ridgeline certainly ensures our guests enjoy spectacular views which, as you mentioned, regularly change with the weather patterns from day to day.

I hope it won't be too long before we will be welcoming you back!

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I love this place. From the moment you drive up to the gates you know this is going to be a special experience.
Walking up to reception across the boardwalk and hearing the variety of birds singing in the trees, instantly made us both smile.
Alan welcomed us in reception and was a great host and escorted us to the Wind Spirit pavilion on the golf buggy.
Upon entry my jaw dropped as it was just beautiful, the decor and layout was stunning and so clean. The little touches, such as lit candles and the aromatherapy burner made me feel relaxed as soon as I walked through the door.
Walking outside onto the balcony, I turned right and there was the infinity pool, which I could not wait to jump into. The day bed and loungers were singing out to be used.
Alan and Andrew have thought of everything and throughout the whole stay it felt as though we were surrounded with luxury. The food platter and breakfast provisions were very generous and contained quality items.
We both returned home feeling rejuvenated and much more relaxed and happier.
I believe Wild Edge Retreat is an amazing place, which exudes quality and luxury at every point.

Room Tip: During the summer months opt for one of the Pavilions with a pool. Wind Spirit is worth every cent.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wildedge, Owner at Wild Edge Retreat, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Ozkaz78,

Thank you so much for posting your review of our property. It is very much appreciated when our guests take the time to share their experience of Wild Edge Retreat - especially when they have enjoyed our property as much as you did!

Our aim is to not only ensure guests are well looked after, but to also create the feeling of exclusivity, privacy and relaxation, and judging by what you have written, we succeeded to deliver that to you.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again, in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I took my husband here for a couple of nights to celebrate his 40th birthday. We stayed in the Wind Spirit pavilion and it was just perfect. I want to find something unique to write about the place as ordinary words don't seem to do it justice.
The scenery is just astounding and the pavilion is pure luxury. We would have happily stayed there for the entire weekend - and yet there was the whole Hunter Valley to explore.
If you are undecided, don't be. We will certainly be back when we can get babysitters again!
Such a beautiful place to recharge, reconnect and nourish your soul. (I know, I felt sick writing that - but it's true!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wildedge, Owner at Wild Edge Retreat, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Ch4rlott3

Firstly, thank you for choosing to celebrate your husbands 40th birthday with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and welcome you both to the Retreat. Before you left, he had said to me that it was the best birthday he had ever had. Which in itself was good to hear.

Secondly, thank you for taking the time to write such a heartfelt review of your stay with us and of the Retreats facilities. Naturally, we are very proud of our property, the facilities we are able to offer our guests and our unique location.

Hopefully, it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to once again; recharge, reconnect and nourish your soul!

Thank you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I surprised my friend for his birthday with a 2-day stay in the Whispering Forest Pavilion. What a treat it was !! The drive up to the property offers expansive views of the area. We were lucky to drive just before sundown and enjoyed a very pleasant sunset on our way up. Alan welcomed us at the gate and took us through everything we needed to know about our stay and Wollombi. This and the fact that there are only 4 pavilions on the property made us feel very special. The Whispering Forest Pavilion has the most well-thought and modern interior design i have come across so far and it definitely made us feel we were the luckiest people in the world! everything is so carefully thought of, it makes it hard to leave even to discover the town of Wollombi (which you should definitely do too) Overall the most enjoyable and breathtaking experience in a very long while. Perfect way to spend time with a loved one!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the pavilion at Wild Edge Retreat.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wildedge, Owner at Wild Edge Retreat, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear D&J
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of Wild Edge Retreat. I was very pleased to read that you both enjoyed the Retreat, the facilities, and the magnificent views, which can really only be experienced by the Retreats unique mountain top location.

I was also pleased to read that you had taken the time to visit our historic little village of Wollombi.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back, and again, thank you for the review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is just absolutely breathtaking.... It was the perfect weekend away!!!

From the moment we entered the gates, and our host walked over to meet us, we knew we were about to experience something very special!!

We stayed in the 'Whispering Forest' pavilion, and WOW, the attention to detail in EVERYTHING, was amazing!!

It's not just a place to stay, it's an experience. Words just can not explain the feeling this place gives you, and the mark it leaves on your heart.... It's beautiful ❤

• Stayed October 2013
Wildedge, Owner at Wild Edge Retreat, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Hi MsSami!

Thank you for such a great and heart felt review of Wild Edge. It was our pleasure to have you stay and a little humbling to read your review.

We do aim to give our guests that extra special experience that does leave a lasting impression, so it's great to read when we have.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a little longer next time!!

Many thanks again,

Owner/Managert
The Entrance, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

What can I say - my partner surprised me on a weekend away - I had no idea where I was going and we ended up in the Hunter Valley and then a couple of nights at the Wild Edge Retreat.

We were blown away to think accommodation like this was so close to home. The private rooms were beautiful, total modern luxury. We stayed in the Wind Spirit Pavilion having our own private infinity edge pool and spa the pictures on the website don't due this Pavilion justice you have to come and experience it to truly appreciate its beauty.

We highly recommend everyone who wants some time out with the ultimate indulgence. We believe everyone should come and experience this at least once in a life time regardless of your budget. The owners are fantastic and will do anything to make your experience truly unforgettable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wildedge, Owner at Wild Edge Retreat, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. It's always great when one of our guests are 'whisked away' for a surprise weekend - and even more so when there is a marriage proposal involved!

So pleased it all went to plan. The engagement ring is stunning and congratulations to you both.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Alan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful three night stay at Wild Edge Retreat. This place is immaculate and trust me, I’m a princess and wear my Tiara with pride. Everything is provided for your stay. The owners are welcoming then leave you alone to do your own thing. We only saw one other couple once when they walked past as they were departing.

The spa is huge, the king bed is comfy, the sheets are clean, the lounge is new and not saggy, everything in the kitchen is supplied that you would need. the balcony equipped with day-bed, BBQ and outdoor eating area were of huge proportion to accompany the amazing view.

Bring your own food as the local town does not have much to offer AND you won’t want to leave Wild Edge anyway!

I cannot recommend this place enough. We will definitely be back in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wildedge, Owner at Wild Edge Retreat, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for submitting your review of Wild Edge. I was pleased to read that you had both enjoyed your three night stay with us so much that you didn't want to leave!!

We are very conscious of making sure are guests are comfortable, and it seems as though we hit the mark with you - which is great.

Many thanks again for not only staying with us, but also for sharing you experience here.

Alan
Owner/Manager

Been to Wild Edge Retreat? Share your experiences!