“Poor at best” 1 of 5 stars
Review of El Lago Waters Resort

You added El Lago Waters Resort to your Saves list
El Lago Waters Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   41 The Entrance Road, The Entrance, New South Wales 2261, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in The Entrance
“Poor at best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I usually don't review and am not too hard to please, but I found el lago disappointing, we travelled as 2 adults 2 children, on arrival reception staff were arguing among themselves found dealing with me a hassle not a great start, customer service is letting them down from the word go.
rooms are poor not overly clean, pay a little more and stay somewhere else it might be worth it

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Caves Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here over the weekend and had a ball. The hotel is a little old, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. Our towels were changed daily and the tea and coffee was topped up daily.The staff were very friendly and helpful if you can find them. We had a buffet breakfast both mornings and we never saw a staff member at any time. The tables were set up nicely and the food choice was limited but good. The soap and shampoo containers in the bathroom were hard for me to squeeze the liquid out. The pool was great and there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas around the pool. It had a lovely BBQ and it was cleaned daily. The position was worth the stay, it was a short walk and you were in the heart of the Main Street. The beach and ocean baths were a good walk, there are plenty of seats to sit on the way if you are tired. The walk had plaques every so often with old photos and history of the town, we found that interesting.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor overlooking the pool and bridge. 208
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have a Scoopon voucher, so was cheap, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for" rings true here. Advertised as a Resort.. Maybe back in 1970s it was, however, place is very run down, and the luxury rooms are very outdated, tacky and damaged. However, the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice. The bed is very old, as is everything in the ground floor rooms.
Stay has been pleasant to date, however, if i had paid their "normal" rate, would be very disappointed. More suited to the school excursion kind of place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Book a room for 2 nights, ended up leaving after 1 night. It's not a resort in anyway, more like a glorified, run down hotel. No lifts to get to top (3 story) level where we stayed. Not to mention the noises in the roof, probably possums? Didn't sleep a wink. Very run down.
To top it all off it's been a week and still havnt received my $200 bond back, what a rip!!

• Stayed February 2014
Chester Hill, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Found a great deal on scoopon so quickly grabbed it. I started looking at other reviews and was thinking I had made a big mistake but now I'm seriously wondering whether we had gone to the same place. The El Lago I visited was great. From the moment we arrived the young lady named Sharnae was very friendly and helpful and also the other ladies were nice as well. We stayed in room 211, no balcony but we had not intended to stay in the room a lot. There was a nice outdoor area upstairs with a view of the water which was nice. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool was clean and the BBQ area was nice and clean as well. It also has a games room which my son loved. Our deal included breakfast which was nice and the resort is within walking distance to many bars and restaurants, no need to use your car. I would highly recommend El Lago and will return again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Glenmore Park, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The room was terrible they need a serious update .. The bed TERRIBLE, pillows TERRIBLE the NOISE all we could hear is the bloody gate slamming to the pool area, we could hear people walking up beside our room talking the walls are very thin, they say no jumping in the pool .. No bombing the staff didn't care about making people follow the rules.... We were in room 101 and out the front was covered in cigarette butts, the couch smelt like urine, the price of the room was not worth it .. We were way over charged for the room for what it offers .. Will never go back and would never recommend the place to anyone.... Oh and the tennis court a serious oh&s problem.

Room Tip: Don't go to elago waters it is terrible
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I'm absolutely disgusted with the reception I received when I rang this hotel to make a booking! I was talking to a receptionist called Brook and was appalled by her rudeness and terrible customer care! She was extremely unprofessional and obviously hates her job. I recently bought a voucher on scoopon for a stay and believe maybe that it the reason she was not helpful to my enquiries! I called the hotel 3 time, I hung up twice because of the length of time she abruptly put me on hold for and the third time she promised to call me back which she never did.

Stayed January 2014

Been to El Lago Waters Resort? Share your experiences!