“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Forresters Beach Resort to your Saves list
Forresters Beach Resort
and 1 more site!
Forresters Beach Resort
960 Central Coast Hwy | Forresters Beach, The Entrance, New South Wales 2260, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in The Entrance
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

After reading some of the previous reviews about this property we were very nervous about staying here. We arrived and were given early checkin as we had a wedding in walking distance to this hotel, the reception staff were very friendly. We stayed in one of the Executive Suites which was large and comfortable. The room was clean and we enjoyed our one night stay. I could not find anything to fault with this hotel on its accommodation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed three days only because we had won a package. The stray dog that came into our room was the only staff we saw during our stay. Rooms need a good clean and revamp. Games room had signs indicating that due to breakdown and vandals all amenities had been removed. There was fox as advertised , the restaurant was closed down so no where to eat and as well a highway position. Would never return the complete property is run down and needs to be sold to someone who is interested. The accute lack of interest is obvious everywhere

• Stayed April 2012
FBR_12, Owner at Forresters Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Our venue is extremely clean and well maintained and I take exception to your unkind comments re ''should be sold to someone who cares". Two days off in 2 years and minimum 12 hr days, and on call 24/7, does not exactly constitute a lack of care. Your room was clean on arrival. Your voucher clearly states that; " at this cheap rate rooms will not be serviced daily". As a courtesy we change bins and replace towels daily. You chose an extremely quiet and cold time to visit, therefore we didn't have many guests or staff on hand. You would have been instructed to dial '9'
for any service requests. The highway is one lane north and one lane south and is not an issue. There is a village shopping centre 3 minutes walk from us. We have five courtesy coaches that will pickup and bring you back from clubs. Also many delivery services and Terrigal is only 7 minutes drive away. Also 2 BBQ's on sight. Games room sign states ''Due to vandalisam and stealing the vending machine has been removed''. Billiard table, air hockey and ping pong tables are in games room. For your information. discounting has forced the closure of our restaurant.
Constructive complaints are always helpful but this is just nasty!
We all wish you a wonderful Christmas and a happy and successful New Year. Kind regards Loris
Forster, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I saw this property online and was attracted to its resort style pool and spa, which although was not huge, was very relaxing.
On arrival the staff at reception were very helpful, particularly as I had some very specific enquries about the local area.
Unlike so many, the room was big and spotlessly clean. They told me it was a new bed and I enjoyed a great sleep. Breakfast the next morning was lovely - and on time !!!
I was only on a one night stopover, but had a quick look at their conference centre which looked brilliant.
My only complaint was the water pressure which was almost too strong !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I was participating in the Central Coast half marathon in Nov, as many hotels were booked I found this and thought it looked ok online. Not quite the same in person, side of the highway motel, sort of rundown but room was big and really I just needed to get a good night's sleep.
We checked in at 4pm and I went to take a shower at 6pm. After 10 minutes of running the ice cold shower, I called the front desk to ask if there was a problem and was informed that someone was on their way to fix it.
At 8pm, I tried again thinking the problem was resolved and still not hot water. Called again and was told the hot water was out to half the hotel and wouldn't be fixed until Monday. When I explained that this was a problem for me as I needed a shower, I was told that there was nothing they could do and no other rooms were available.
I asked what sort of compensation they were offering and she said I could have a late check-out. Considering I was planning to leave the hotel at 5am for the race, this wouldn't help, so then she said I could get a free breakfast-again no help as the breakfast wouldn't be served at 5am when I was leaving. I asked that we receive a partial refund and she said she would have to speak to management and get back to me.
An hour later, we got a knock on the door and were told that they would take $25 off our room, not really an acceptable offer, which we told him and he said " Well that's all your gonna get," and when we asked why, he just kept repeating, "I can't go there, I can't go there." What does that even mean? We explained we just needed a good sleep and a shower before the race, and couldn't he do better than a $25 on a $175 room with no hot water? And his response was, "The next time you come back, we'll definitely take care of you." Yeah right!
It came out in conversation that they were aware of the problem when we checked in at 4pm but didn't happen to tell us this. Eventually he got heated and said, "Well if you can find a different hotel right now, I'll give you your full money back," not expecting that we'd be able to as the whole town was busy for the race. So at 9pm and a few phone calls later, we found something, packed up and got the hell out of there, just on principle! When we came down to get our refund, he was clearly surprised and miffed we were leaving-ha!
Don't expect much if you book here--except extremely rude and unhelpful staff!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
We had the unfortunate issue of hot water service going down. Early afternoon we had a Rheem technician repair fault, but later it went down again. A second technician came later and was confident the fault was repaired, however it went down again. An extremely stressful time as we were almost full. We held a room so guests could shower, and they were most grateful. This service was offered to you also as was this room. You declined our offer of this room. Our other guests that were inconvenienced were more than happy with their free hot buffet breakfasts and late checkouts. Our beautiful bride and groom had fun in our outdoor heated spa, as they couldn't use theirs. In good faith we offered to look after you on a subsequent visit.
After all the alternatives we offered you, we feel a little understanding of our situation would have been nice. Yes, we were upset, as this was an inconvenience to our guests and there was little we could do the rectify the situation. We did our best under the circumstances.
Kind regards, Loris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012 via mobile

We arrived staff very pleasant how ever we were advised that the restaurant was closed & that was bad luck if you did not have transport because this resort is a fair way from anything.
The room was clean furnishings a little dated but had all the things you need for a short stay the bed was very hard & most people commented on that so we are not alone on this.
We enjoyed the hot spa & pool we where charged extra for peak season lucky if 6 rooms had been filled over both nights not very busy.
Not sure how the facilities would cope if motel was full as only 2 BBQ areas & pool area was rather small we would stay again but would prefer restaurant to be open & we would check how many rooms occupied as if to many people it would be a bit tight in pool area

K Reid Penrith

• Stayed January 2012
Newcastle, NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the resort for two nights during peak holiday season and found it to be a great place to stay.
The service was straightforward, friendly and housekeeping were attentive to our needs (not that we had any, but the offer was pleasing).
The room was huge, all in one space with surprisingly comfortable lounges & king bed. The air conditioning was fit for the space and the tv was in fine working order (a rarity in the hotel game).
Everything was in good condition and clean, except the exhaust fan in the bathroom - which is a fairly routine cleaning requirement, so it begs the question whether any thing else is glossed over or missed, but we were satisfied.
The room decor was rather tired - still very much rooted in 1989, but the practicality of the space outweighed this in our mind.
Basic kitchen facilities such as mini fridge, sink, wine glasses & microwave provided however no cutlery or crockery to accompany.
The bathroom was separate to the room and also very spacious. The spa was lovely, although the jets did go off on one occasion in the midst of our first night.. The shower was a very generous size and hot water almost instant and water pressure good.
The resort pool was gorgeous - the decorative waterfall a great touch. The adjacent hot spa was mildly overloaded on chlorine, but given the number of children in and out of the facility, it was probably necessary. We drove to the nearby Forresters Beach (advertised by the resort as being a 6 minute walk away) and glad we drove as the route was entirely uphill and despite my partner and I being an above average level of fitness, it wasn't the ideal way to cool off and refresh. I recommend driving or Terrigal beach (patrolled) for kids.
We did not try the restaurant, Bentleys, during our stay, preferring to try the cuisine in Terrigal Esplanade which is really only a 5 minute drive away.
Overall, we enjoyed staying at Forresters Beach Resort - but it would be nice for little touches like a change in the curtains & artwork on the walls to give the rooms a slightly less passe` atmosphere.

Room Tip: The second floor accessible by stairs only, so first floor if this is a concern for you or your fami...