“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance

Save Saved
You added Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance to your Saves list
Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   89 The Entrance Road, The Entrance, New South Wales 2261, Australia (Formerly Citigate Sebel)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in The Entrance
Sydney, Australia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in a town room. Our room was above a lane way leading into a carpark. It was extremely noisy with cars hooning and the sound echoing. The room was average. The resort is starting to look tired. Window dressing inadequate and ill fitting. On a good note the pool was devine, very clean. The step into the bath is very high and I don't know how our elderly would bathe.

• Stayed September 2013
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. It was disappointing to read of the noise you encountered during your stay. We are glad you were able to enjoy the hotels rooftop pool and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oaks Hotels and Resorts in the future.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in August at the Oaks in a one bedroom room, not ocean view. Room was very comfortable, hotel position was great, the price was reasonable value for money. Not the Crown Plaza in Terrigal but also not the Crown Plaza prices. A couple of comments:

1. Having the full kitchen and laundry was very convenient. Appliances worked fine.
2. The pool area on the second floor was great. Gym was ok for a quick workout. Loved the spa and the view!
3. Other reviewers have complained about not getting Foxtel as advertised. Read the instructions in the room, people. They tell you clearly how to access the extra channels
4. The restaurant below is not part of the hotel. I have noted some complaints here about the restaurant but I found it good. The pub next door was great
5. On the negative side, the water pressure in the unit was horrible. I understand that the Central Coast does have water issues, but the shower was a joke.
6. I did get noise from the hallway, people returning to their rooms and talking outside. This only happened on the Saturday night but did mean a disturbed sleep. No noise coming from the rooms, just from the hallway
7. Was a little surprised to be told there was a fee for a late checkout if I wanted one. Would have liked to stay a little longer but $20 an hour was a little steep.
8. Just to note, I did not have an issue with the no servicing thing. The room was clean when I went in and I was told that it would not be serviced during my stay. Not a problem. To the reviewers who did express an issue with this, again, I would say read the instructions.

Room Tip: Maybe I would pay extra for the ocean view next time. My room faced the Waldorf balconies across the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment from your stay with us in August. It was great to read you found the room to be comfortable and equipped with kitchen and laundry facilities for your convenience. I have passed your feedback regarding the water pressure onto the maintenance department to look into. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Oaks Waterfront on your next visit to The Entrance.
City of Greater Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife, daughter and I spend a wonderful Fathers Day weekend at the Oaks, the resort is showing signs of age, however, this did not detract from the great family stay we had there. 3 night special deal with late check out deal for an additional $50.00 till 5pm was awesome and gave us more time to relax and unwind. Staff were very accomodating and friendly, The Entrance really shined, with everything on your doorstep no need to use the car. The restaurants and cafes were great especially Fonzarellies Italian which served great pizza and pasta at reasonable prices.

The Oaks is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION and was a great catalyst to what a great family stay should be, which also mirrored the days when I visited the The Entrance with my parents 25 years ago. Well done the Oak's and The Entrance

Room Tip: We stayed in the waterfront facing rooms on level 3 which was awesome, I don't think any other v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide comment on your recent stay. It was fantastic to read you were able to spend a wonderful fathers day weekend away at Oaks Waterfront. We hope to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here recently on a weekend away. Room was very clean plus had a lovely view of the ocean. The reception staff were very helpful! - special thanks to Natalie & Dion. Great location right on the waterfront.

Room Tip: Make sure to get an ocean or lake view, worth the extra $$
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always pleasing to read positive reviews. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our helpful staff and providing nice feedback from your recent stay. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My Husband and I stayed recently for our anniversary, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean, and very comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The only thing ( not that I found a big deal or off putting in any way) was the outdoor balcony area could do with a clean to remove the cobwebs and I did find it odd the doona was not in a doona cover it was just loose between two sheets, however like I said my Husband and I enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others wanting a quick getaway. :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Oaks Waterfront. It was fantastic to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback; your comments regarding housekeeping have been passed onto the team leader. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.
Swansea, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was a lovely place to stay and also very clean plus we were given a waterfront room and the view was fantastic plus the staff were very friendly and helpful. I recommend the restaurant attached to the apartments.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Many thanks for your review on Oaks Waterfront. It is always great to hear from guests who have thoroughly enjoyed their stay. Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.
Perth, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here for business recently and I have to say I was pretty unimpressed. I can't believe that double beds would be standard in a hotel room these days. I had to sleep diagonally across the bed or my feet would hang off the end. The rooms were not serviced daily, which aparently you have to ask for at booking, again I think this should be standard.

All in all it's pleasant enough, staff were friendly and helpful, but I wouldn't rave about it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for providing comment from your recent stay. It was disappointing to read you found the bed to be uncomfortable. Upon arrival all rooms are fully equipped with bedding, toweling and basis amenities, we recommend contacting the hotel directly to confirm whether daily servicing in included prior to making your booking. Our friendly and helpful staff are available to answer any questions you may have. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Entrance in the future.

Been to Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance? Share your experiences!