To begin, the room was fine, a one bedroom apartment gives you a spacious converted studio room, I say this because the bedroom & loung are separated only by wooden sliding partitions that you can open & close like a walkin cupboard, it was ok, a large spacious bathroom with the laundry facilities inside. The kitchenette was enough for very basic meals & the fridge a cross between a Bar fridge & your standard size. It is just the essentials which was enough.
I have a thing with the Oaks Group that was further cemented after my visit, a request was made on getting a higher level room with a ocean view. The simple answer could have been "I'm sorry sir, we don't have any available" but instead i was hit with "Internet bookings don't get the choice". Hmmmm, poor service? you decide. I did however get a high room so I guess swallow the pill & take what you can get (the view i had was facing the pool and at a distance was Lake Tuggerah so i made myself feel better by knowing other resorts would have sold it as a "partial waterview".
The Cards...yep....those Cards....damn the CAAARRRDDS, by this I mean, the card used to access the lift, the room & OMG the pool. I was surprised no one else had mentioned this in the review. The point I am making and if you visit you will experience is that the resort is beautiful, it's an 80's style refurbishment but has been fairly well maintained....except the access cards. I was astounded how often I found the lift opening with the same people inside because they couldn't swipe properly. Try to get into the room with one swipe..LOL think again. Then there's the pool ....(I look back and hold back tears of frustration) be prepared for a 5 minute wait while you try: the slow swipe; the fast swipe; the pressure swipe; the short swipe; the long swipe...I think you get the picture. You probably think why is this guy whinging take it back and demand a new card..Of course! I did the response was "we can check it here (at reception) sir, it is fine, it might just take a while to get in", would you think they would swap it?"Sorry sir, your card works fine". It becomes a discussion point with all visitors believe me.
Location perfect you couldn't ask for better but it was at...."The Entrance". It was a bout 20 years since i had been here lovely location, one of nature's best, where a lake meets an ocean. Great walking area for morning & evening strolls, the pelican feeding "cool", want to fish? this is your place, want a $2 shop? Hey one on each corner. The town?...hmmm maybe a little lack lustre empty stores, alot of real estate for sale, empty restaurants at night ...if you could find an open one. Would I come back? Not unless I was planning a fishing trip with mates for a weekend...I think you get the picture.
Not the best break but after getting to the pool I enjoyed that and although there is a bar pool shown in the pics and at the resort it does not get staffed so forget that one.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance Hotel The Entrance
- Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance Hotel
- Oaks Waterfront The Entrance
- Oaks Waterfront Hotel The Entrance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks Waterfront Resort idyllically located at the water’s edge, provides a wonderful escape destination for couples, families or groups with superb views of the stunning surf beach and Tuggerah Lake. Ideal for relaxed holidays and weekends away, Oaks Waterfront Resort offers a choice of studio, one and two bedroom luxury loft apartments and executive, spacious one and two bedroom fully self contained apartments, most with expansive views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.