“Love the view...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance

You added Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance to your Saves list
Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   89 The Entrance Road | (Via Duffys Lane), The Entrance, New South Wales 2261, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in The Entrance
Australia
“Love the view...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

We stayed here for our wedding night in a one bed apartment. On check in they were a little unsure whether an ocean view room would be available which I had stressed when making the original reservation. On reminding them of our special occasion they were able to fix us up much to my delight.

Pros were that the apartment was very clean, lovely fluffy doonas and great view. Cons, not many, but if I had to pick something I did find the ensuite shower a little pokey and the front office battled with a very long line of people checking out in the morning. Found staff friendly, bar one of the front office staff who seemed a little short but another of the girls was exceptionally helpful which made for a good experience.

All in all can recommend this as a great place if your have an ocean view room and being in the heart of The Entrance is very central to shops, restuarants and the beach which are all within walking distance

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Slow check out
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

The best thing about this hotel was the breakfast - however, the room and the location do come close second. We had a waterview room and breakfast package for a very reasonable price. Thought the room was very clean, spacious and the bed was nice and firm. The balcony has a lovely view over the bridge and the river and it's really relaxing sitting out watching the world go by. The hotel is in a perfect location, in the centre of all the action: plenty of restaurants to choose from, a pub dowstairs and you can sit on your balcony and watch the feeding of the pelicans. Oh and the heated rooftop pool was lovely too, I went swimming quite late one evening and there was a couple of ducks swimming on the other side of the pool. Cute. Would definitely go back to the Oaks!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

We have stayed here with our kids many times since 2003. The Oaks is this hotel's current incarnation. This hotel and the surrounding area are both a bit less salubrious than they were a few years ago but The Entrance is still a very pleasant place to stay. We had a studio apartment: queen size bed and fold out sofa bed. The apartment has a table, four dining chairs and crockery settings for three. a decent size 'fridge and two hot plates. There is a large bathroom with washing machine and dryer. The Oaks is very clean and well placed on the esplanade. You simply go downstairs for a choice of restaurants, take-away facilities and a play area for the kids. Best of all though is the view. Ask for a waterfront view and you look out to where the beach and the river meet. The lagoon is beautiful, full of pelicans and other birds. You can seen the famous 3.30 feeding of the pelicans from your balcony if you don't feel like going downstairs. I think it's a great place for kids: walks, play areas, fishing, boats, a small fun fair, a little train to ride along the sea front. It's a family friendly place. The hotel has Nickelodeon channel for the kids. You just have to be a little vigilant about little kids on the balcony.

Stayed April 2007
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

My son (2 years) and I stayed here for a few days at the beginning of March. I booked the accommodation through [---] and got a great rate.

We stayed in the one bedroom apartment, which I was a little disappointed in. The apartment was great, had excellent facilitied but the "one" bedroom was just the bed and there was wooden roller doors that enclosed the bed. I wanted the one bedroom so my son could go to sleep and I could watch tv and not disturb him.

Although there were cooking facilities I dont think you could cook a proper meal there. There was no oven, had a small microwave and 2 hotplates. I never bothered cooking as there are many take away shops around. For 2 nights I ordered food from the restaurant and took it to my room, the food was great and there was a lot. Make sure you check your bill. I paid cash for my meals instead of adding it to my room and upon checkout they tried to charge me again for one of my meals.

The pool is pretty big, its heated and a lot of fun. Its starting to show signs of aging though as there were a few missing tiles around the edges and on the ground.

Security is not a problem, you can only access the lifts with your room key and you can only go to your floor or the pool area.

The location of the resort is perfect. There is a big playground out the front and also a water playground which my son had a ball in.

My advice is to park your car in the car park opposite. It is very close to the resort and you dont have to pay. Its undercover and there is heaps of parking. The resort wants you to pay $15 a day for parking your car in their car park.

• Liked — The location and the price a got for the room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

This was an ok place to stay. I was expecting a better view from the room, I booked a lakeview room which was more a view of the pool than the lake.
The rooms are a good size, we stayed in a studio room and that was big enough for 2 people. There seemed to be a lot of kids around which could be annoying if you were after a quiet romantic getaway. We visited outside of the holiday period so I bet it would be a lot worse during school holidays.
The hotel is close enough to all the local attractions - shops, places to eat. The beds were huge but the pillows were hard and uncomfortable. Our air conditioner didn't work properly and the balcony was dirty - they needed to give it a good hose down.
There is a small kitchenette with limited cooking utensils. The bathroom has a small bath, a shower and a dryer but no washing machine.
The staff that we came across were not unpleasant but were not overly friendly. Breakfast was included in our rate. There is a selection of juices, cereals, bacon and eggs and toast.
Car parking costs extra - $15 per night. I would probably stay here again but I would look to see if there was something better before choosing this place.

• Liked — Size of the rooms
  • Disliked — The View
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
sydney,australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

Stayed in a town-view studio apartment for 2 nights over the new year 2007 with my husband & 2 small children. Very spacious & modern decor. I think the furniture & appliances had been updated recently because it was more modern then those viewed in websites at present. Comfortable king size bed & sofa bed. Apartments have a 68cm flat screen tv, dvd player & cable tv. Great for those rainy days!
Only faults were that the bathroom supplied only 2 bath towels. When I enquired for 2 more towels for my kids I was told by reception there was a charge of $2.00 per extra towel. I found that a bit silly!
Another thing, the apartment we stayed in only had a clothes dryer and no washing machine. If that is a requirement of your stay, make sure you request this when booking. It was not until I read the guest info manual in the apartment that I realised - "majority of apartments have laundry facilities". In websites, this is not made clear.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. There are an array of cafes & restaurants to choose from. All in walking distance!!!!
Will definitely be staying here next time with the family.

• Liked — spacious, modern decor
  • Disliked — paying for extra towels
  • Tips/Secrets — save $15 for parking by using the public carpark opposite.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2006

Stayed for 1 night in a Waterfront Studio room with my mum in October, got a good deal including buffet breakfast.
Room was lovely, with a small kitchenette, balcony overlooking the plaza and ocean (good to listen to the live music in the plaza, but if you close the glass verandah doors it's pretty well soundproofed). Bathroom was small but quite stylish and even had a washing machine/laundry facilities. Location was perfect. Breakfast buffet was quite average, would have been better to make our own breakfast or go to one of the nice cafes nearby.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance? Share your experiences!