We booked on Good Friday evening...computer problems (not on any other site) so I phoned a helpful young woman in the Philipines, I suspect, who treied to help, but I explained I liked to read what I was getting. Minutes later a booking confirmation arrived by email (1 night...we wanted 2) so I phoned the hotel again, this time requesting to speak to the operater who was very helpful and we made a booking for a king room, with balcony and ocean views and b/fst. When we arrived this Monday we were offered an upgrade to a suite, for an extra $75 per night, which we took. The rooms were great: large and with wonderful views. But there were a number of little problems which I didn't expect when we were paying over $300 a night! The housekeeping was just not up to scratch. The rooms were clean, but there were scuff marks on two walls, one wall had been "cleaned" but there was a large area of circular marks which indicated the poor standard of the cleaning. The carpet in the main room looked as if it may not have been vacuumed, or only very quicky on our second day. There was a large cobweb on the light fitting above the partition which was there the entire time...not good for my aracnophobic hubbie. A sticky mark left by a glass of lemonade on the side table by the lounge was not washed at all...I did that. The mugs, which did not match, were not properly washed...still had stains. Housekeeping should use detergent. I assume the mugs were rinsed in the bathroom, but I had already done this. The dining table was not steady. Coffee and tea were not replaced on the second day, luckily we had brought our own, but, once again, at this price, I expected more. The bed was also a concern. It was king sized and comfortable, as beds in previous Crowne Plaza Hotels, but the mattress protector was way too small...perhaps designed to be used on a Queen bed, and the bottom sheets were too small, just being tucked in on both sides. They came adrift over night both nights, causing some discomfort. The second day when the bed had been made, I checked and no attempt had been made to tuck in the sheets. The shower hed was stuck so my tall husband had an uncomfortable first shower, though this was fixed that day, after I spoke to the duty manager. The ironing board could not be stood up, so I finished up ironing on it resting on the bed! Finally, on the first morning, my breakfast order was apparently lost and after waiting patiently for quite a while, I had to make a second request. Each of these things is relatively minor, but there are too many of them, especially when this was apparently the best room they had to offer, and given the reputation of the chain. Terrigal prides itself on being laid back, but clients have expectations which need to be met if they are to return. Oh, and the spa, which is great, was closed for cleaning the day we left, which was very disappointing, as this is one of the main attractions of the hotel for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Terrigal’s serene ocean-side location is ideal for singles, couples, groups and families seeking a memorable Central Coast experience. Select from a choice of 199 modern rooms, each boasting up-to-date amenities, and enjoy spectacular ocean views or an idyllic outlook onto Terrigal proper. Indulge in a sumptuous meal at elegant Seasalt Restaurant, famous for fresh-caught seafood and dishes prepared from the finest local produce. Enjoy a cocktail and catch-up with friends in the beautifully refurbished Lord Ashley Lounge or catch a live band and watch the sunset on the outdoor deck at Florida Beach Bar. The Concierge’s at Crowne Plaza Terrigal are knowledgeable across a wide and diverse range of Terrigal activities, including the best Terrigal dive sites, local attractions and local golf courses. Wander to the top of the Skillion for panoramic views of the coastline or find top-class surfing on Terrigal Beach. Deep-sea fishing trips leave from The Haven, a peaceful area 10 minutes' walk away. We're 15 minutes' drive to the Erina Fair mall and 20km from Ettalong's weekend beach market. We’re also just 115km from Sydney International Airport and Newcastle Airport. Let the complimentary Kids' Club entertain the children during school holidays while you browse the fashions and antiques in our boutiques. Energise in the outdoor pool or work out in the Fitness Centre. You'll look forward to conducting business in our meeting rooms and we'll leave you with golden memories of your wedding. Make Crowne Plaza Terrigal your base for exploring the Central Coast or simply relaxing on its beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Terrigal
- Terrigal Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Terrigal, South Pacific