“Horror Motel at Pacific Highway” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Pacific Swansea

Blue Pacific Swansea
You added Blue Pacific Swansea to your Saves list
Blue Pacific Swansea
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   82 Pacific Highway Little Pelican (north of Swansea Bridge), Swansea, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 2281, Australia   |
Mainz
“Horror Motel at Pacific Highway”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The experience has spoilt our Australia trip over Christmas and New Year's: We get to the Blue Pacific late at night and there is no room available for us even though we have made a confirmed and already paid for reservation months before - we got a very good deal for the room for a Christmas Day. Instead we are "outsourced" to a truly disgusting motel down the road with a disgusting, filthy, terrible and what not room offered by an equally representative owner lacking almost all teeths and human speech. As the room was absolutely unacceptable we return to the Blue Pacific and get transferred to another shabby motel down the road (which was announced by the Blue Pacific as a upper class hotel). We finally end up staying there because we are tired and in spite of the shabby appeareance of the motel the room was somewhat clean. We were utterly unhappy with Blue Pacific because (a) we were told that they have been tried to conatct us all day but we never received any messages neither by phone nor by mail, (b) we were never paid the difference between the shabby hotel we finally slept in to the Blue Pacific, and (c) a situation we listened to at the reception made us doubt the reasons why there was suddenly no room available for us but for other guests who came short notice. Do yourself a favor and drive miles around Swansea and its motels, hotels or whatever they are called in this town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was disappointed, the lady at reception was lovely. That was the only lovely thing about this place.
I used the bathroom in the reception area.
Filthy! Blood on floor, toilet paper all over the place. One toilet unusable it was filth.
The family room was surprising in space it had a bedroom for the kids with 2 single beds. A bathroom that was quite large. A bedroom with a double bed and a lounge area with a good size plasma on the wall with foxtel.
The kitchenette had no sink and just a small bar fridge.
It did hav air con which worked well.
One of the towels that were left to use had spattered faint blood it looked like.
There were flies, ants, cockroach in the bathroom. It was a very hot day and it is summer but the standard of cleanliness was not good.
All I could hear was the upstairs room using their shower then the drip drip drip all night !
That was in between the scratching and scurrying within the walls !
Did not hav a great night sleep to say the least!
If this place had a drastic refurb and a massive crank up of their standard in cleanliness, it's in a great position.
Very disappointed and the smell of rotten bait in the air outside out room didn't help either.
Swansea itself is lovely the rsl was amazing the food melt in your mouth.

• Stayed January 2013
Coffs Harbour
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I do'nt know what the issue was with one of the last reviews, keep in mind your staying in a motel not a luxury apartment the rooms were fine, very clean , good size flat screen T.V.'s I'm a tv watcher, Michelle at the front desk was very nice & very informative, the place was very clean, for water sports a pefect location for very little money, I will certainly be returning

Room Tip: Call the Motel & ask questions
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Yeah it is a little out dated but the rooms although small were very clean and the beds comfortable and the staff absolutely lovely. The pool was sparkly clean and inviting although the spa had not been filled but looked to be waiting for the warmer weather. There is a small BBQ area which was in working order. It is not a bad place for 1 or 2 nights. Towels and tea & coffee supplied. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor has a pool view on the wrap around verandah.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I bought a deal from Living Social for a 2 night accommodation of which seemed to be a great place for a weekend getaway (unfortunately I only checked their website at the time of my purchase).
This motel is a fraud! My room was dusty with very old furniture and the TV did not have a remote control and the channels did not work for the entire period of our stay. In addition, no one came to clean up the room.
Facilities like spa and sauna were not operational and the pool was closed!
Stay away from this dodgy motel that claim itself a "spa resort".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Croydon, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I attempted to stay here on Sunday night. I made a booking through needitnow for a room with a double and single bed. When I arrived I dealt with Michelle who is the manager/owner and very rude. Michelle said that the place is fully booked and that we could have a room with a double bed or two singles. I said no and that I want the room I have booked online and what I had already PAID for! Michelle said too bad and asked me what she wanted me to do about it. She continued to be aggressive and then said that she will kick a lady and a child out of a room so that I could get what I wanted as if she was doing me a massive favour. Michelle then said that maybe we shouldn't stay here which I was really thrown back by and I felt very desciminated against. She then said that we are too early and our room isn't ready and that we would have to wait. I said no the website says we can check in at 2 and it was 2.30. I said that I want my money back and I am absolutely disgusted with how she treated me and my family. I called needitnow who were able to confirm a full refund after they had to speak with Michelle. Whilst I was on the phone to needitnow Michelle continued to yell at me. She called me ridiculous and a drama queen!

As we were leaving another customer returned to reception with her key saying that she just went to who room opened the door and there were children playing computer games in the room already. At that point I decided this is definitely not a safe place to stay and that I would be leaving straight away. We were stranded and had to leave the area as we could not find accommodation. She ruined our long weekend. Do not risk your relaxation time with this dodgy establishment. Pay a tad extra, get treated like a human and you can sleep knowing that you and your family are safe.

Room Tip: Don't book here, that's all the advise I can give.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed twice this yr .. The first time in January when i had a great time the lady at reception was polite , kind and very helpful and then again just recently when upon checking in i was confronted by an arrogant man wearin footy shorts .. Not a good look as the public face of the business i would of thought ..

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Blue Pacific Swansea? Share your experiences!