“Authentic Patiserie” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Wollongong, Australia
“Authentic Patiserie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

As a local we were so pleased this little authentic delight had opened up. My husband bought a baked ricotta cheesecake there for my birthday and that was all our guests could speak of.
What impressed me most apart from the heavenly delectables was how lovely & accommodating the staff were to me my 3 & 18mth old. They made room for my double pram & the kids enjoyed their baby cinos while I sipped my latte in peace. I have to say the baby cinos were generous & my coffee was authentic. I'm super picky about coffee so I was very surprised to read a previous review about weak coffee. The lovely cucumber & mint infused self serve water decanter was an attentive touch.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wollongong, Australia
“FINALLY A QUALITY DESSERT SHOP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

As soon as I walked in with our social group I felt I was back in Rome, not only was the atmosphere amazing but the coffee was perfect and the homemade gelato WOW.... Paris 2 Rome a little Italy in Shellharbour Village.
I will be definitely be coming back

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“amazing !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

i was introduced to this little gem of an establishment during a work conference in Wollongong . I had asked a local where i could purchase a bday cake for a later function that evening celebrating a pastry chefs bday .... i was told that a "fabulous " cake store had opened in shellharbour village ... which was a quick 15min drive and let me tell you it was worth the drive. having recently returned from a 3mth trip from Europe and a resident of Sydney for 50+ years . i was very impressed with the high standard of the store fit out . The individual cakes & cookies were remarkable - not to mention the gelato samples i was offered . i opted for an orange & poppy seed cake for my evening event and found myself writing down details of where i had purchased this cake to guests at the dinner. The coffee was exactly what i had experienced in the small back streets of Rome & iam very particular with the strength and quality .... Great to see young business owners making there dreams come true... pity you arent in Sydney ! i shall return

• Visited October 2013
“Cake shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I found this cake shop beautiful and the desserts spectacular.
I love the fact they serve only traditional coffee, they brought a taste of europe to shellharbour village, if you want a milshake go to a convenient store not a european patisserie!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Shellharbour, Australia
“What a shame !!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This café looks great, nice people serving but this is where it stops.
The coffee is so weak that we thought it was hot milk - the cakes look very nice but the taste is not so good.
We asked for a milkshake for our grandchild and were told that they didn't serve milkshakes - OK - we will have a soft drink, no they don't serve soft drinks - very strange for a new place trying to get customers in. I think they need to think very hard about what's on offer or the customers will not come back for a second time, as there are so many nice places in the village other than this one.
Also the prices are not cheap !!!!!

• Visited September 2013