“Shabby dirty rundown” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motto Farm Motel

Save Saved
You added Motto Farm Motel to your Saves list
Motto Farm Motel
2285 Pacific Highway | Heatherbrae, Raymond Terrace, Port Stephens, New South Wales 2324, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Raymond Terrace
Gold Coast
“Shabby dirty rundown”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Stayed only one night it was raining we were wet and cold travelling on a bike ,found the room to be shabby dirty .stained carpeting and the shower walls were discusting would not pull off there again .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed in a standard room... not nice at all... bathroom clean but rundown... old furniture and fittings... carpet stained/dirty... very disappointing

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I had 2 good nights rest at this hotel and enjoyed the convenience of eating 'at home' (in the restaurant). My neighbours were noisy but quietened down shortly after 10pm (I think management 'had a word' to them). Would stay here again as it's cheaper than comparable nearby hotels. (Beware the hotel next door which is a dive!). Very convenient when visiting Ryans at Newcaslte(Heatherbrae) Equestrian Centre.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
M0tt0, Public Relations Manager at Motto Farm Motel, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Hi there

Thank you for your review you were most helpful.

Please contact Eliza for your next stay and quote for Trip Advisor review for a complimentary cooked breakfast!

If there is anything we may be able to do for you we're all ears!

Kind regards
Eliza
Marketing & Event Manager
02 4987 1211
Darwin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while travelling south to Sydney. We got a very tired room for $110 per night. There were lots of spare rooms available. There were tiles from the wall behind the toilet in a pile on the bathroom floor and water leaked out across the middle of the floor which we both, at some stage, slipped on. We could also hear very bad water siren when people in the other rooms showered. The aircon/heater was really noisy cutting in and out all night and kept us awake. Breakfast was 10 dollars for bad coffee, juice and toast or cereal.
The people at reception including the Manager were fine until I complained and then they were very defensive. They apologised, said they weren't aware of the problem and would get it fixed. I wonder who took the tiles off the wall in the bathroom where it leaked? Another guest perhaps.
I told them I was very unhappy with the room for $110 a night. No discount or even free brekky was offered. I advised them I would be leaving a bad report on Trip Advisor for them. They said ok if I felt I had too - and I did.
My advice would be stay anywhere else..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

We found this motel on the net, and booked direct. The room was basic - clean and adequate, but had a noisy air conditioner which we could not do without - a hot night. They were heavily booked, and may have had higher quality rooms. We had planned to eat at the on-site restaurant, but it was fully reserved for a function; the staff gave us detailed directions and advice for some alternatives in Raymond Terrace - about 5km away. Staff were also helpful in getting us free access to their wireless internet. We would stay here again if were were breaking a journey in the area, but would not want to be here for an extended stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Toongabbie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I stayed with my three year old son on the way home from Queensland as we were very tired and it was past midnight. The manager was very helpful despite being woken up. He got my son and I something to eat and drink and made us feel most welcome.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

Weather this motel has been sold or not the bug bed are certainly still there and the service is rude and unfriendly, the only way this motel makes any money is by there cheap price which is not worth it unless you take a truck load of fly spray. Food is horrible and I'm sure it was what gave me food poisoning, after eating here macca's tasted like heaven. I do not recommend this motel for anyone no matter what the managers response says. You notice that they do not respond to the rude staff as they know this is the casse so why on't they fix the problem!!

• Stayed December 2009

Been to Motto Farm Motel? Share your experiences!