“Little Gem in Raymond Terrace” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Newcastle, Australia
“Little Gem in Raymond Terrace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

OK, it's about 20 minutes from the centre of Newcastle, and Raymond Terrace is not a great place, but it is worth the trip to Biondi's just for the food. I have been here about 4 times and can't wait to go again. It is quite small, but I hear it has expanded since I was last there. Food is exquisite.....especially the hand made garlic foldover with cheese.....I have had four different meals here and they were all fantastic....service is great and the wine list is not to expensive and you can always BYO.

Sacramento, California
“good food slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

good food slow service for our big party of sixteen

Visited November 2011
Newcastle, Australia
“Nice place, could do with better service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nice little place tucked away, wouldnt have known it was their. Partner booked for dinner. VERY accommodating with dietaries, they were told at booking over the phone and were prepared to have the chef talk to us. Had to re ask for our drink order that didnt show up. After dinner our plates were taken away and asked if we would like anything for the moment. I replied with no.... I was thinking of having dessert I just didnt want it right away, I never told them this and we were never asked if we would like desert. Next thing we knew the bill was placed on the table. So i decided that i would not bother asking for it then. They were not over busy, only 3 other tables. Guess theirs no up selling, a shame!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raworth, Australia
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

A group of 14 had lunch. The special pepper beef I had was a tough as old leather. I asked for vegetables to go with it and was told "we have not cooked any vegetables" . Others have raved about the place but I won't be going back there.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gosford NSW Australia
“Not too bad.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Had dinner at Biondi's at Raymond Terrace the other night - after the movies. Feelings/impressions below:
Venue: not bad. Seats where we were a little close together. Venue itself OK.
Food: good; we had Bruschetta followed by Spaghetti Bolognese. Both dishes really nice and well cooked and presented.
Wine List: terrible. And no BYO. I was annoyed by this.
Service: Just. Staff did not know much but were generally polite.
Overall Impressions: I would go back there. But I may have to ask them to go BYO so one can have a decent wine with an otherwise decent fee.

• Visited August 2011