We stayed at resort for 7 nights and loved every minute of it, we booked through a real estate in Nelson Bay which had a couple of rooms and was a lot cheaper than booking it straight through resort (we did have to bring all our own linen,towels), we had a 2 bedroom apartment which did not have the swimout area to jump straight into the pool which probably would have been nice but it really didn't matter to walk a few metres, I have an 18 year old and a 17 year old and they loved the pool, spa and being able to go down to cafe and have iced-chocolate or burgers/chips when they felt like it, I found the food in the restaurant good no problems at all although saying that we didn't really eat there that much only snacks/coffee cake that sort of thing, we ate at the local bowling club in Nelson Bay and found the food there to be disgraceful for the money we paid for the four of us, actually I couldn't really find a restaurant that had nice food in the whole of Nelson Bay. The pool area was fantastic I loved just floating around on my blow up lilo, it was busy at the time when we were there but it was never a problem we had unit 339 which only got a little bit of the hot sun in the afternoon but was cool the rest of the time. It got quite noisy about 8 - 10pm with excited children and music playing and I thought we would be up awake all night but at exactly 10pm it was dead silent. The shopping centre is within walking distance and has everything you need, there is a bowling alley across the road, video hire, hotel and Domino's pizza everything you could want really without having to travel anywhere if you didn't have a car, Nelson Bay is not a bad place very very busy in peak times, we drove around all the little beach towns and I must say that Oaks Pacific Blue was the best accommodation around in my opinion. We had our own 4WD so went down Stockton Beach for approx. 30 klms over some fantastic sand dunes and saw a ship wreck it was great for the kids, I would highly recommend a tour of the dunes and ship wreck if you didn't have your own 4WD. I have stayed in resorts all over the world and I really loved the Oaks Pacific Blue and I would highly recommend it, we drove from Melbourne to Nelson Bay stopping at various towns and accommodation along the way there and back and we wish we had of left Oaks Pacific Blue till last because nothing compared to it and we really missed that beautiful pool.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Pacific Blue Resort Salamander Bay Hotel
- Oaks Pacific Blue Resort Salamander Bay Hotel Port Stephens
- Oaks Pacific Blue Port Stephens
- Oaks Pacific Blue Resort Salamander Bay South Pacific/Port Stephens, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located approximately two and a half hours north of Sydney and ideally situated to enjoy everything that beautiful Port Stephens has to offer, is the stunning Oaks Pacific Blue Resort. Oaks Pacific Blue Resort offers a choice of contemporary accommodation which includes studio, one and two bedroom apartments - some with swim-outs, along with spacious two and three bedroom townhouses with private plunge pools. For couples or singles you may prefer a premium hotel room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Oaks Pacific Blue Resort Salamander Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.