My family and I stayed at Pacific Blue in January 2012- overall we did have a great family vacation. My kids loved the pool and never wanted to get out, although it was freezing. We did go during the school holiday period and it was full of families which was great - as our kids made friends with other regulars. Spoke with many regular guests who come back every year. It was a short drive to the marina- with a nice choice of restaurants for families and couples. The only complaint I can make was the fact the larger size bed is 2 single beds pushed together.Also when I arrived to check in , only then did they tell me I had to pay the deposit of $150 which was not discussed earlier - so i had to drive around looking for a local bank that was open on a Saturday to get the extra money . We also had the room booked over looking the pool from the upper lever but when we got there we had a little pool view from our room on the bottom floor- that was disappointing! Also the little court yards out for each unit were not very private , luckily we had a corner room - otherwise we would have had people walking past our back door all hours.
We ate every night at Nelson Bay Marina and finished our night with delicious gelato ice cream =)
We are going back again in Feb 2013 and I cannot wait. We will be using a voucher so I hope we get the room that has been booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located approximately two and a half hours north of Sydney and ideally situated to enjoy everything that beautiful Port Stephens has to offer, is the stunning Oaks Pacific Blue Resort. Oaks Pacific Blue Resort offers a choice of contemporary accommodation which includes studio, one and two bedroom apartments - some with swim-outs, along with spacious two and three bedroom townhouses with private plunge pools. For couples or singles you may prefer a premium hotel room. Please Note: from June 10th to Late August 2014 the Lagoon Pool and Spas will be unavailable to guests due to vital maintenance works. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Oaks Pacific Blue Resort Salamander Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Pacific Blue Resort Salamander Bay Hotel Port Stephens
- Oaks Pacific Blue Port Stephens
- Oaks Pacific Blue Resort Salamander Bay South Pacific/Port Stephens, Australia