“Good outlook - Expensive eating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Man from Snowy River Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Perisher Valley
Man from Snowy River Hotel
Kosciuszko Rd, PO Box 40, Perisher Valley, Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales 2624, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Perisher Valley
Wollongong, Australia
“Good outlook - Expensive eating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We didn't stay here only ate. Nice atmosphere with good views of the valley. Service was great but we felt the food overpriced for what you got. Of particular concern was when I went to pay and was told if I wanted to pay with a card I could "go to reception in 10 minutes or go into the bar and use the ATM to get cash". When I did go to pay I was overcharged but realised before I gave authorisation - I'd like to think it may have been just a start of season hiccup for an establishment such as this in such a special location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times spanning over 10 years and always consistently good. Variety of rooms available are excellent including intimate couples, bunk bed rooms for older kids and family suites with adjoining rooms for mum and dad and kids next door. Some rooms have kitchenettes but two meals a day is included in the tariff and coffee/tea making facilities always available in lounge and bar area. Supervised games room available during school holiday periods and live entertainment (e.g 2-3 piece band and/or piano player) during peak season at least. Laundry and sauna facilities.THE BIG BONUS ABOUT THIS VENUE IS THEY OFFER DRIVE IN/OUT UNDERCOVER PARKING FOR THE LENGTH OF YOUR STAY! A extremely rare commodity at Perisher Valley. You need to pre book parking at time of accommodation booking. Access to the garage door is at the front of the hotel directly opposite the Ski Tube Terminal. Remember your car chains if you are taking advantage of the parking as sometimes there is snow right up to the garage door with intercom entry. If you are parking your car at Friday Flat and catching the ski Tube, the Hotel is a flat easy 100metres from the Perisher Ski Tube Terminal.

Room Tip: Couples alone or with older children get a 1st Floor mountain view and if required a family room acr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We just finished a weeks stay here and really loved it. We are a young family and it really suited us down to a tee. Tremendous value for on-snow stays in Australia if you consider the high quality three course meals, kids club, hospitality and close and central proximity in Perisher Valley. We spent a long time looking at comparable accommodation and we were very pleased with this place. The rooms are perfectly adequate although not flash but we spent a grand total of about an hour per day in it - who cares when you can sit in the beautiful lounge relaxing while your children are cared for. Brilliant.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just back from a week at "the Man" and cannot exagerate how goo dthis place is. The hosts are very professional,courtious and all round nice people. Rooms are spacious ,well laid out and clean. Meals are an experience on their own and wel worth the price on their own.The view from the lounge/dining room is out of this world and enjoyed from either bar or cocktail lounge also.
All of the staff encountered could not do enough to please,no matter what timr of day or night.

Can go on for ever, and not find a bad thing to say about this fantastic place,make your next visit to Perisher a trip to "The Man" It will be atrip you will never forget and then look forward to your return on your next visit to the snow.

Room Tip: Any room. will not disapoint
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at The Man the first time I learnt to ski as a 9 year old with my Dad. Now some 24 years later I've stayed here again and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was fantastic, I can't say enough about how much we (my boyfriend and I) enjoyed every meal. I think the head chefs name was Dominic?, loved the pork belly! The view back up front valley from the dining room gets you energised at breakfast and relaxes you at the evening meal. Watch out for the extremely comfy lounges in Banjo's Bar, hard to get out of after a hard day on the slopes, but who'd want to when you have a beer/wine in hand and a story or two from the days events to share with whoever will listen. Every staff member was friendly and happy, the room was a decent size and the king bed was the icing on the cake for us two quite tall people. The weekend was topped off by unbelievably awesome weather, blue skies, not a breath of wind on the last day and decent snow cover to make this experience at Perisher my best yet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've stayed here for many years. Ann and Brian have been delightful hosts and it has always been a pleasure. I prefer to ski Perisher in NSW because its altitude gives it more consistent snow cover. Mount Perisher and the related resorts give a very wide selection of terrain and the instructors at the Perisher ski school have been consistently good.

When I first started skiing with my young children The Man was an obvious choice. I could pack the gear into the car and pull up and park in the only overnight car park at Perisher Valley. Valet would help us upstairs. The ski school was a 100m across the valley, as were the lifts. Rooms at The Man were comfortable, if a little basic. A lot of building construction in the snow is less substantial than you might expect. Ear plugs can be valuable. Take your own electronic entertainment if needed. There is only a basic TV in each room. I would take a portable DVD and a slection of leads when the kids were younger and I often stayed in a studio King shared room with them. These days they prefer their own entertainment on iPads.

The tarrif includes a good breakfast and a very good three course dinner each night. Service from all staff has always been tremendous. The dining area and lounge are very pleasant with good views of the mountain at meals.

The clothing drying room is extremely effective. We noticed the boot drying room wasn't drying on my last trip, so we had to shift our boots to the clothes room. Laundry facilities are good.

On snow accomodation in Australia is always expensive, but the package at The Man was simply perfect for a young family, and we continue to use it now they are young adults who ski well and love to ski.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We checked in very quick, Troy was very helpful getting our luggage up. We had the suite for our family of 5. Our rooms were nothing special, old monitor TV, the one in the kids room didn't even work!!. Rooms were warm and cosy, but you could hear the heating throughout the night. Very expensive but considering we went peak time this was as expected.
Breakfast was ample service was quick.
Dinner was nice and menu changed every day, they even had kids club were the kids ate separately and us adults could enjoy our dinner.
The chef was very creative and food was out pretty quick.
The only bad point is at approx 9pm every night kids would run up and down the corridor screaming or playing hide and seek, after 7hrs of skiing we only wanted to rest, this was not possible till the kids went to bed. Come on seriously who on earth would let their kids run riot through the corridors....I have 3 kids and I can assure you I certainly wouldn't let my 3 kids run riot.
This place is as close to the lifts and ski tube as you could get.
We have skiied in perisher for 2 years now and might try somewhere else. As the slopes are getting busy and more accidents are occuring.
I really hope this hotels has a makeover as it is still stuck in the 70's & 80's.
Old TV's with barely any reception, NO internet only in bar and you would have to go and ask for a password, which was only valid for 2hrs. The airlan wi-fi which you could buy dropped in and out and was very slowwww.
The rooms were lacking in decor and very small and cramped.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Man from Snowy River Hotel? Share your experiences!