“My best Perisher experience yet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Man from Snowy River Hotel

Save Saved
You added Man from Snowy River Hotel to your Saves list
Man from Snowy River Hotel
Kosciuszko Rd, PO Box 40, Perisher Valley, Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales 2624, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Perisher Valley
Sydney, Australia
“My best Perisher experience yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at The Man the first time I learnt to ski as a 9 year old with my Dad. Now some 24 years later I've stayed here again and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was fantastic, I can't say enough about how much we (my boyfriend and I) enjoyed every meal. I think the head chefs name was Dominic?, loved the pork belly! The view back up front valley from the dining room gets you energised at breakfast and relaxes you at the evening meal. Watch out for the extremely comfy lounges in Banjo's Bar, hard to get out of after a hard day on the slopes, but who'd want to when you have a beer/wine in hand and a story or two from the days events to share with whoever will listen. Every staff member was friendly and happy, the room was a decent size and the king bed was the icing on the cake for us two quite tall people. The weekend was topped off by unbelievably awesome weather, blue skies, not a breath of wind on the last day and decent snow cover to make this experience at Perisher my best yet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've stayed here for many years. Ann and Brian have been delightful hosts and it has always been a pleasure. I prefer to ski Perisher in NSW because its altitude gives it more consistent snow cover. Mount Perisher and the related resorts give a very wide selection of terrain and the instructors at the Perisher ski school have been consistently good.

When I first started skiing with my young children The Man was an obvious choice. I could pack the gear into the car and pull up and park in the only overnight car park at Perisher Valley. Valet would help us upstairs. The ski school was a 100m across the valley, as were the lifts. Rooms at The Man were comfortable, if a little basic. A lot of building construction in the snow is less substantial than you might expect. Ear plugs can be valuable. Take your own electronic entertainment if needed. There is only a basic TV in each room. I would take a portable DVD and a slection of leads when the kids were younger and I often stayed in a studio King shared room with them. These days they prefer their own entertainment on iPads.

The tarrif includes a good breakfast and a very good three course dinner each night. Service from all staff has always been tremendous. The dining area and lounge are very pleasant with good views of the mountain at meals.

The clothing drying room is extremely effective. We noticed the boot drying room wasn't drying on my last trip, so we had to shift our boots to the clothes room. Laundry facilities are good.

On snow accomodation in Australia is always expensive, but the package at The Man was simply perfect for a young family, and we continue to use it now they are young adults who ski well and love to ski.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We checked in very quick, Troy was very helpful getting our luggage up. We had the suite for our family of 5. Our rooms were nothing special, old monitor TV, the one in the kids room didn't even work!!. Rooms were warm and cosy, but you could hear the heating throughout the night. Very expensive but considering we went peak time this was as expected.
Breakfast was ample service was quick.
Dinner was nice and menu changed every day, they even had kids club were the kids ate separately and us adults could enjoy our dinner.
The chef was very creative and food was out pretty quick.
The only bad point is at approx 9pm every night kids would run up and down the corridor screaming or playing hide and seek, after 7hrs of skiing we only wanted to rest, this was not possible till the kids went to bed. Come on seriously who on earth would let their kids run riot through the corridors....I have 3 kids and I can assure you I certainly wouldn't let my 3 kids run riot.
This place is as close to the lifts and ski tube as you could get.
We have skiied in perisher for 2 years now and might try somewhere else. As the slopes are getting busy and more accidents are occuring.
I really hope this hotels has a makeover as it is still stuck in the 70's & 80's.
Old TV's with barely any reception, NO internet only in bar and you would have to go and ask for a password, which was only valid for 2hrs. The airlan wi-fi which you could buy dropped in and out and was very slowwww.
The rooms were lacking in decor and very small and cramped.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Great place to stay in Perisher, It is the only place with under cover parking in fact its the only place with overnight parking. The rest must ride the ski tube.
The Man Hotel has the best of food entertainment and convienence.
with pool and dart comps weekly, live music and DJ's.
Only 100 m to the ski lifts out the front or 60 metres out the back to 60km of cross country ski trails.
With the Hotel headed up by Anne and Brian Smith, you get fantastic professional service.
The rooms are everything you need. has a public bar and a very nice lounge bar, huge open fires places in both.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
morayfield queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and two boys stayed here in the recent school holidays.. They really enjoyed the choices given to them at dinner time, and thought the breakfasts were great. The staff were really friendly and very helpful.The Managers went the extra mile to assist them everytime. So close to the ski tube and the slopes, children loved the "Little Orbits" donut shop on the platform level of the ski tube.. They will definately return to "The Man from from Snowy River".. Great views up front valley. One day there was a blizzard, so they stayed inside all day, and enjoyed all the board games and the open fire and coffee machine. Can recommend going at the end of the snow season...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at the Man from Snowy River Hotel in September for the Qld school holidays. A very reasonable rate for the family which included a three course dinner and buffet breakfast. The meals were fabulous, as was the friendly service (even though it was right at the end of the ski season, the staff were still friendly and welcoming). The chef was very accommodating to my husband's dietary needs (lactose intolerant).
The kids club was a hit with our two girls, which was an even bigger plus for my husband and myself to have some quiet time playing scrabble or backgammon whilst the children were being entertained.
We would highly recommend the Hotel to anyone considering staying at Perisher. We're definitely going back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We have stayed here a number of times and have always found the service to be good. The advantage of staying here is that it is an easy walk to the slopes and you can park here - no messing around with luggage and skiis on the ski tube or skidaoos. The meals are nice, breakfast buffet plentiful. The rooms are a little plain and can be noisy in school holidays when children run up and down the corridors at all hours. it is a little pricey but definietly the best place we have stayed in perisher.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Man from Snowy River Hotel? Share your experiences!