“Excellent food and service, try it !!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Nowra
Batemans Bay, Australia
“Excellent food and service, try it !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

Six family members met up for lunch today at Nowra Steakhouse, we had been there before.

The service from the two waitresses was very good, efficient but not intrusive. We brought in a couple of bottles of wine @ $5 a bottle corkage, fine. The place is also fully licenced.

There is a good range of dishes for lunch, fish, steak, chicken etc. A few of us had the atlantic salmon, others steak or Chick schnitizels, all served with chips/salad. All were excellent. Good serving and top notch ingredients. Prompt service too. If I have one little issue, how about wine coolers supplied first up for one's wine, even if it is BYO?

A Couple of us are gluten free Coeliacs and were catered for very well. Also a couple of us had desserts and all of us had good cappuccinos. Prices for lunch dishes around 5, good value.

Give this place a try. Well done to the chefs and front of house staff.

Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Great food and Great Service in Nowra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

During a recent trip to Nowra NSW, I stumbled across the Nowra Steakhouse and was pleasantly surprised. My steak was mouth-wateringly tender and I enjoyed my meal so much that I ventured back the next evening and this time the pasta dish was also superb. The service was also prompt and friendly. Well done to the team at the Steakhouse!

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

It was ok. The decor isn't anything flash and as it is next to the visitors centre I thought it was just a basic cafe. Having been to bistros across Europe and in the USA I guess I expected more from a Steakhouse. The scotch fillet was cooked to the way I ordered (med-rare) but the chips were under cooked and the salad had tomatoes with the core on them. The red wine jus to accompany the steak was very nice but overall I think the ambience and decor let it down, along with the blunt steak knife I had to macerate the meal unfortunately. Service was friendly but I think I'll try one of the Taverns next time I'm visiting and got a hunger for a steak.

Nowra NSW Australia
“My sisters birthday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

We found the Steakhouse value for money and the food was good and the price was reasonable. Service could have been a little better but as there were quiet a few people there for lunch it was good

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

We found this restaurant on our way to Wharf Road Restaurant and it's a pleasant surprise. Best steak I've ever had. I went there twice with my friends. I ordered the scotch fillet at first time and beef tenderloin at the second time. Both are very nice.

• Visited November 2014