“Not much thought put into kids choices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kiama
“Not much thought put into kids choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our family went here on Saturday at the beginning of the month. The food as usual was great and so was the atmosphere and customer service.
If I had one dissapointment though I would have to say it would be the poor options for kids meals. I hardly think mini spring rolls are a mains dish, but my 11yo daughter ordered the lasagne. This was presented in a bowl absolutley swimming in cheese, and when you dug down to the bottom there would have literally been about three pieces of mince accompanying the pasta sheets. We brought this to the attention to the waitress who was more than happy to replace it, but god knows how it even made it past the head chef though he must have been having a smoke out back!
For reference the menu for the under 12s is the following;

CHICKEN NUGGETS
TEMPURA FISH PIECES
LASAGNE
MINI SPRING ROLLS

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nowra, Australia
“Poor service. Bad manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I can't rate the food as there was none served to us. After entering we were quickly seated, 20mins later the manager her self took our order. Drinks were served neither quickly nor slowly and were up to standard. After 1 hour of sitting around watching food come out of the kitchen going to tables that sat down 30mins after us we decided to leave. If it takes 1hour and they still cannot deliver a raw steak to my table I was hardly going to wait for the herb bread they had to cook. Upon reaching the cash register the manager who took our order was quick to blame the kitchen which I think is pathetic. She then proceeded to charge us for only one round of drinks deciding getting the other one free was more than enough remuneration for wasting over 1hr of our time. I won't be back. Thumbs up to KFC who managed to serve us in 68 seconds. (yes I timed it)

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The food here is fantastic. From the oysters to the steak I was really happy. We had easily the most accommodating and pleasant waitress I've come across in a very long time.

We sat outside as the high ceilings in the restaurant make it very noisy and hard to have a conversation.

The only thing I found particularly annoying was when we were told at 9:30 to finish up our drinks because the liquor licence cuts off outside from 9:30. This would have been nice to know when we ordered another glass 5 minutes beforehand.

That aside, I'd recommend eating here. Sit outside where there's only a few tables, quieter and nicer.

Positives - great food, good selection, reasonably priced.
Negatives - insides noisy, liquor restrictions outside after 9:30

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Group of 6 friends down from Sydney for the weekend. We all had the 32$ deal was really good value, I had Garlic prawns, entree came in a creamy sauce with rice, then steak on the hot rock, followed by tart. We all agreed the meals were good and very filling. The wine was reasonable price , much cheaper than anything in Sydney. Will go again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Culburra Beach, Australia
“Lost our reservation...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We contacted the resturant prior and made a reservation, however when we arrived they had not reservation for us (and had a full house!), and offered us a table outside - on a cold evening! They ended up moving us to a table inside - as they had a cancellation. We had the 3 courses for $32, which is fantastic for value. The main was brought out on a hotrock, and we cooked it ourselves. The food was fresh, entrees were of a good size and desert was awesome. Entree we had the bruchetta and garlic prawns, mains we had salmon and rump, and desert we had the blueberry cheesecake and stickydate pudding. We left extremely full. Dribks are a little expensive $3.50 for a soft drink, and alcohol are even more..

• Visited September 2013