“With a hockey team - Oh No!” 4 of 5 stars

George Bass Motor Inn
65 Bridge Road, Nowra, Shoalhaven, New South Wales 2541, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Nowra B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“With a hockey team - Oh No!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

When we booked into the motel, we found we were sharing the establishment with 16 13 year old hockey playing boys. However, we didn't hear them at all, so good was the way the rooms at this motel was arranged. Our room (22) was spacious and very comfortable with a sitting room and a bedroom - comfortable bed and the sitting room was very well furnished. Free internet was also available. We were able to walk to town, and to restaurants nearby. It is also located opposite the entertainment centre. We had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We are a family of five who spent 5 nights here.....I think that must be some kind of record for this joint. The furniture is appalling....the fold-out bed for one of the kids was so old and uncomfortable we had to put the mattress on the floor.This wasn't made for the 5 nights we were here...none were the other beds that the children slept in.The floor wasn't vacuumed for 5 days and the staff was less than accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were charged $25 for being 20 minutes late leaving the room. We were never told this prior to booking in and the motel keepers wife was very rude to my wife when she discovered she was still there waiting for me to return to the room. Despite her protests to the owner we were subsequently charged this price. I have stayed at hotels,motels all over the world and am a regular cotributor to this website and have never come across ths attitude as most hoteliers are pleasant and can't do enough for you.
I hope this is not the attitude of other GOLDEN CHAIN MOTELS

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for a few months on a business trip. Room was comfortable and managers were friendly. Really enjoyed the location - walking distance to the downtown where everything I could need was available. A home away from home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The owners/manager would have to be the rudest, arrogant and unfriendly it has been my experience to meet in 40 years of travelling on business and pleasure. I arrived at 12.45pm just to ask if I could check in early as I was going site seeing and would not be back until around 6.00pm. I did not want a room, key or leave any luggage, the aggression I met was unbelievable - then I was told they would cancel my room and get off the property. they locked the reception office as I walked to the office, I asked them to sign my confirmed prepaid booking to confirm their decion to cancel the booking, I would not recommend this motel to anybody, I would rather sleep in the car.

Room Tip: I can't give any details of the room as I was thrown off the property
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were quite dated and although they were tidy, were not the most clean. The showers were filthy. The staff were quite off putting and appeared quite rude. Certainly did not inspire me to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed at the George Bass Motor Inn for about three months. The room I stayed in was spacious and large enough for a relatively lengthy stay. The motel is very well situated within Nowra. It is a short drive to the main highway and walking distance to the central business district, but far enough from both not to hear traffic. The managers were very curtious and the service was great. They made me feel welcome and offered great tips on where to visit in and around the Nowra area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to George Bass Motor Inn? Share your experiences!