One of the trickier things about this place was trying to find it! Set in a residential area, there was only a small sign telling you the name of the place.
We opted to stay in a 'hotel' style room rather than an apartment. We found it modern, clean and comfortable- very well equipped with a DVD player and stereo system, which was impressive! Room was somewhat on the small side, with the main room comprising of the bed and a desk (see pics). The bathroom was also very nice and clean, maybe a little too modern as the shower was interesting- designed in such a way that it lacked a door, and as a result, half the bathroom gets a bit wet when you shower!!
Unfortunately, we didn't have time to go for a dip in the pool, however, the outdoor area looked superb for relaxing.
The location of the hotel, was excellent, it was only a few mins walk to the main shops (including coles) and restaurants, cafes etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks Lure Apartments, in beautiful Nelson Bay, is just a short walk to the marina, restaurants and boutiques, golf courses and sporting clubs. Nelson Bay is a delightful town blessed with un-spoilt waterways, natural wonders and a captivating history. Oaks Lure Apartments is the ultimate base to explore the region.Guests can relax in style and comfort at Oaks Lure with hotels rooms, one and two bedroom apartments with generous living spaces that boast full kitchen facilities with microwave and dishwasher. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oaks Lure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lure Hotel Nelson Bay
- Oaks Lure Nelson Bay, Port Stephens