“A slow dining experience” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“A slow dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Eating at a restaurant is a relative thing. Depends on recent experiences and the cost. Having had a very poor meal the night before in our "resort 's" restaurant, this was much better.
I was dining with my aged mother who is limited by the food she can eat. She liked the look of the 2 course package for around $39 each. There were about 4 options for each course and we went for mains and dessert. I would probably suggest a la carte but due to my circumstances eating with my mother, that did not suit her.
We arrived at approx 6:30pm and think there may have been only a young family there as well nearly finished their meal. We dined outside. Decor inside outdated. Did not realise it was BYO which is difficult for tourists, I believe if they are eating out in a holiday destination at peak season you don't want to be looking for purchasing alcohol at a liquor shop as well. We were not the only ones caught out.
The waitress was quick to take our orders but then we waited and waited and waited - 45 minutes at least. By this time there were probably a few other couples there but our order was taken well in advance of their arrival. We ordered Fillet Mignon and Atlantic Salmon. I have had far worst.
I would concur with a few comments about Sandpipers - looking down that way for our table, meals looked very good and service was quicker.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

40% Recommend
Sydney
“So the reviews are quite negative...but we enjoyed ourselves!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had breakfast and it wasn't bad at all! Great big breakfast, French toast, and orange juice - plus we used the 10% voucher found in the Port Stephens magazine! Service was great and individualised too!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Burnt, reheated food. Bad news”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We booked for a feast for New Years Eve ($75) per person. Ordered Veal Neptune, received 3 prawns on top of deep, deep, deep fried crumed veal covered in hollandaise sauce. The crums (burned) was thicker than the veal was inedible. Shared the rack of lamb with my wife. The lamb had been reheated & was so chewy I gave up. Bad news.

Sydney, Australia
“HOW LOUD DO I HAVE TO SHOUT. DON'T GO HERE. The Name on the window is Baroque”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Took me ages of searching but I just had to find this place .The coffee is black water disguised in a paper cup Their attitude is indifferent. They don't care about how bad the food is and how bad the service is.
Tried to get a print out of my bill to check it they supposedly ran out of paper , so I don't really know whether they removed the meal that they forgot to serve and were supposed to not charge for .
Won't be back

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Really average eating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The cafe is located in a central area however the food and coffee are very average, coffee not drinkable flavorless with watery froth. The service was so so, when we arrived the inside area was empty so we sat in there, the next customers to arrive, a large table of 6, were placed right next to us, there were plenty of other seats, so close that we got up and moved. VERY AVERAGE

Visited December 2012