“Good menu choices” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
South Coast, NSW
“Good menu choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was surprised to read the negative reviews about Taylors. My husband & I have enjoyed lunch here recently on two occasions. It was so relaxing sitting out on the covered dining deck overlooking Wagonga Inlet. The staff were pleasant, the service was fast and the food was good....especially the pan fried prawns! We'll be back again soon!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tuross Head, Australia
“Not what it used to be :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This used to be a pretty decent place to eat some fish and chips. My wife and I just had lunch there, and it was overpriced and pretty ordinary. The fish was watery and greasy, and the chips were unsalted, even though we asked for salt. Apparently, the management changed recently, and this gels with many of the recent comments. We used to be regulars, but I won't be back while this management is running it. Avoid at all costs, go to Bermagui instead and get a good feed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“What happened to the old Taylor's?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We always go to Taylor's when we visit Narooma and it has always been lovely, but the last time we went will be the last time we go. I waited in line for 45 minutes to place an order, while other people seemed to be walking up and getting served first. Then we waited over an hour for our food, with no apology for the wait. They messed up everyone's order and it wasn't even that busy - they just didn't care. What happened Taylor's - this used to be our favourite place to eat.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was looking forward to returning to this cafe after visiting with my husband 3 years ago. A lovely location. However today I asked at the counter re dining in and was told to look at the menus at the end of the counter. I did as requested and then waited. After a few mins. I returned to the original lady who was speaking to another customer who she sent down to the menu area. She told me someone would be there shortly. I was now in line behind this customer who was served fairly quickly. However when she was asked to take her drink from the fridge near the front door the waitress asked 2 gentlemen who had just arrived if she could help. I spoke up and said I was waiting to order and was told to wait as she was still serving the 1st customer. When she had completely finished with the 1st customer she then returned to the 2 men and proceeded to serve them. I walked out and will not be returning. Reading some of the other reports it sound like I didn't miss much. I had been interested in the ferry cruise but now I won't bother returning

Wee Jasper, NSW
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

After going to this fish and chip mecca for many years we were sadly disappointed with our recent visit. Food was nothing short of ordinary, service was abysmal, atmosphere horrible. One member of staff was lovely, the rest were grumpy and even foul mouthed behind the takeaway counter. The grumpy manager really put a downer on everyone dining there. As always the setting is beautiful but we won't be going back in a hurry.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere