“Loved the dogs.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pub Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narooma
Pub Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast
You added Pub Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
566 Wagonga Scenic Drive, Narooma, New South Wales NSW 2546, Australia   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #1 of 5 Narooma B&B and Inns
sydney
“Loved the dogs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My cousin and I spent two nights at Pub Hill and it lived up to our expectations. We stayed in the garden room and loved the privacy. The highlights for us were the dogs, gardens and friendly hosts. The breakfasts were wonderful and we really felt at home. I would love to spend some time at the farm in winter so we could enjoy the open fireplaces. I can thoroughly recommend the venue to all those wanting a peaceful, relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The only complaint we have about our stay at Pub Hill Farm was that it was too short.

Making their guests, two and four legged, feel genuinely welcome, Micki and Ian are the ideal hosts. Having been expats, and still seemingly having no small measure of wanderlust, Micki and Ian have obviously drawn on the their own experiences, and have put a lot of work into the planning here.

We stayed in The Garden Room, and it was ideal for the two of us, and a large dog. Others have noted that Pub Hill Farm, unlike many places that are merely pet tolerant, is truly pet friendly, and we echo that endorsement.

Whether one has pets or not, Pub Hill Farm is a great place to relax. The views down the Wagonga Inlet are spectacular, there is abundant bird life, and kangaroos and wallabies make appearances in the lower paddocks.

The way the rooms, The Croft, and Karibu Cottage are situated in relation to each other, and the main house ensures the total privacy of all. You may get a visit from an inquisitive Border Collie (or three), but most likely you will not see anyone else other than at breakfast at the dining table, which we found to be another delightful experience, culinary and social.

Being former expats and extensive travelers ourselves, our own home décor is best described as eclectic. We loved the décor here. The tasteful use of timbers from the property shows the influence of East Africa. Micki and Ian have done something really special here. It was our great pleasure to experience it, - something we intend to do again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife found this little gem - Pub Hill Farm for a one night stopover whilst we were travelling from Melbourne to Sydney along the coast road. when we contacted Micki and told her what we were doing she advised us to change our route slightly to take in some lovely coastline.
The farm is about 7km from Narooma centre but don't let this put you off, Both Ian and Micki were really friendly and could not do enough for us.
The room was beautiful and everything we needed was there, there was even DVD's to watch in the room.
The breakfast was cooked in front of you and was delicious and more than adequate, After breakfast on the morning I told Ian I had not seen any kangaroo's, he said "we will put that right" he took us up into one of his paddocks and sure enough there they were!! he clapped his hands and off they all went hopping along - amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please go see this place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place is the most welcoming pet-friendly accommodation we have ever experienced. A lot of places say they are 'pet friendly' when what they mean is that they are 'pet tolerant'. This is not the case at Pub Hill Farm, where I think our dog actually enjoyed herself more than we did!

Micki and Ian are very welcoming (of both people and dogs!), and the breakfasts were cooked to order. Micki did a great job working within the contstraints of my dietary requirements, which was appreciated.

The property itself is set on a quiet back road, and has views of the Wagonga inlet, which you can walk down to and explore. There are plenty of things to do in and around Narooma, and Ian is happy to advise on activities, or to check what eateries might be open for you.

If you want to stay in for the night the rooms have microwaves to reheat meals, and a great collection of DVDs to watch. There is also a BBQ, but the weather was not really conducive to us using it while we were there.

The only negative thing I could say about this place was that the French Provincial room, where we stayed and which is the oldest room in the B&B, is looking just a little tired, mostly the curtains and carpets. But when you consider that it's occupied by dogs most nights it's amazing they can keep the room so clean and free of that doggy smell!

We loved Pub Hill Farm, our dog loved Pub Hill Farm, and if you want a relaxing, friendly and comfortable stay on the south coast, we would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
pubhillfarm, Owner at Pub Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
We thank Argonaut for the generally positive review of Pub Hill Farm but would like to point out to prospective guests that dogs do not occupy our rooms "most nights". While have a genuinely dog friendly policy a large proportion of our guests do NOT bring dogs with them and the dogs that do come do not necessarily sleep inside with their owners. We allow clean and well behaved dogs inside and also ask that they have their own bedding with them and do not, under any circumstances, get onto our furniture. We would not be at all happy with a room that had a doggy smell!.

As to "tired" decor, this is, of course, subjective, and all our guest rooms are completely redecorated every five years ,on a rotational basis. The French room is due for a new carpet within the next six months and this will be done as we ,of course, want our rooms to look both welcoming and attractive.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I went with my mother and our toy poodle. We stayed in the Garden Room which faced north with it's private verandah overlooking the inlet. It was absolutely magnificent!!! Our hosts Ian and Micki were wonderful - from the moment we drove up to the main house they just made us feel so welcome. Their knowledge about the local area, what to do, how to get there, where to eat, was really helpful and made our stay so enjoyable. Also the breakfast every morning was a wonderful way to start our day. Pub Hill Farm is a beautiful, peaceful place to stay - just to relax or to do some short trips around the Sapphire Coast. We will definitely be going there next year.

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden Room - it is fabulous
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

If you are a lover of Border Collies such as myself and dogs, I really recommend Pub Hill Farm because it truly gave me that experience because myself I can’t have a dog. I did an Internet Search for farmstays with Border Collies around mid last year and was blessed to find this place so close to where My parents live in Batemans Bay!
I stayed at Pub Hill Farm from Friday 6th May until the Friday 20th May 2011. The Proprietors Micki and Ian Thomlinson at the time were away in Kenya and Europe when I was there and Barbara the caretaker cooked the most wonderful big breakfasts!! Very delicious they were and you were so full, you never really needed anything later in the day! You also get to meet other guests and we had interesting subjects over the meal table, you feel accepted and being one of the family there!
The farm itself is about 9 kilometers from Narooma on the Wagonga Inlet which is in a very tranquil setting in the bush with plenty of bird life and parrots (King Parrots and Crimson Rosellas) that come near you that have gardens of rose bushes, close to Mt Dromedory and to the lookout area and bushwalks. The farm itself is the site where the was a pub at one stage where local timber fellers used to pop in and have a drink after a hard days work. The main farm building was built sometime in the 1970’s has an old charm character about the place.
It is one of the best accommodation places in Australia that you can have pets there and when I was walking the dogs, I had my two Indian Ringnecks Greenie and Harry putted out in the sun and as I returned late, Barbara a very kind and caring lady, brought my birds in from the cold and put a towel over there cage on the front patio made me feel that I was really being cared for and it can make such a difference from a world of today!

The little cottage down the back where I stayed had an old style country feeling about it, a beautiful comfortable bed to sleep in, plenty of DVD movies for you to watch, your own bathroom and toilet with coffee and tea making facilities which was very good!

The best part of my stay that I was given the privilege to walk the Border Collies Kitty, Sarfie and Couger. On Saturday 14th May 2011 during the Narooma Oyster Festival, I took three of the dogs at once walk them around Narooma which a feat I have never before done! On other days I walked Sarfie and Kitty around Narooma, Tuross Heads, Bemagui and Batemans Bay where my parents lived and visited them with the dogs twice, and they fell in love with Kitty and Sarfie!
Kitty Dog was my favourite though and I averaged walking about 10 to 15 kilometers every day with the dogs! On my departure is was quite sad to see three sad looking Border Collies seeing me leave especially Kitty that did’nt want me to go did’nt want to get out of the car!! They are very smart dogs Border Collies!
I had the most wonderful time walking the Border Collies in so many different places and thanks very much Barbara for letting me have that experience!
On the Friday I was very sad to have to leave Pub Hill especially I really missed those dogs! Hope to come back again in the future to this wonderful place!
(Border Collie Neil)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Peace, rest, relaxation, as well as superb breakfasts, charming and courteous hosts and breathtaking scenery. All these things and more keep bringing us back to Pub Hill Farm. The perfect place for winding down or re-charging. Just make sure you book for at least a two night stay. We have travelled all around Australia and can honestly say Pub Hill Farm is the best B&B we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Pub Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!