“Our trip cancelled at last minute” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Creek Miniatures

Crystal Creek Miniatures
Corner of Numinbah Rd and Upper Crystal Creek Rd, Murwillumbah, New South Wales, Australia
+61 (0)2 6679 1532
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Farms, Ranch & Farm
Rathdowney
9 attraction reviews
“Our trip cancelled at last minute”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The family entry was advertised on Living Social. I live in Queensland, and my daughter and grandson live in NSW, and since I run a tour business have very limited opportunity to visit them, so before buying I rang CCM and asked if we could definitely visit on the coming Wednesday morning. They never said it would depend on the weather, and said they had booked us in for that morning. I paid in full (except the extra for my adult son, which we were to pay on arrival) , and my son and I drove to my daughter's house at Brunswick Heads, spent the night there, and then started traveling with my excited 7yo grandson towards Murwillimbah, only to get a phone call from the manager saying it was cancelled because of it was raining and the ground was muddy (I found later they had first rung my husband back home in Qld and wanted him to call me but he insisted they should contact me directly on my mobile and explained it could be a very long time before I got another chance to visit). I pointed out our circumstance and that it would be at least September, if then, that we'd get another chance, and also that we'd all spent most of our lives on a country property, mud was no problem, e had raincoats, and we were already on our way with our activities there due to start in half and hour, so couldn't they just let the four of us in for at least a little while, but he was adamant he couldn't do that. I had been thinking of the possibility of including a stop there on our own tours that regularly go through Murwillimbah on days we have children on board, but have abandoned that idea.

Visited July 2012

gold coast
6 attraction reviews
“for old and young”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

i was able to take a young nephew and a grandfather to the same place and they could share it together on the train. we have subsequently lost our grandfather and this is a lovely memory of him for my nephew to have

Visited February 2011
Robina, Australia
34 attraction reviews
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Have been there twice. It is an absolute delight to see the minature horses, cattle, donkeys. A trip around the farm in a buggy where you can hand feed the animals and pat them. Great for the kids and good value too.

Burleigh Heads, Australia
126 attraction reviews
“Great family fun - young children will love their visit - really different day out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

If you love animals then this is the place for you. It's a little out of the way, but worth the trip. Stop for a coffee at the Rainforest Cafe first - feeding the fish and turtles and then do the farm tour on the train.
The miniature horses, cows and donkeys are incredible - some being the smallest in the World! You'll want to (and can for the right price) take them home as pets too!

Visited February 2010