“Experience of a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 attractions in Moruya
Attraction Details
Tuross Head, New South Wales, Australia
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

In my opinion, you're crazy if you don't want to jump out of a plane at 10,000 ft. It was the most incredible experience with such friendly and professional staff. You could not get a better view of the coast doing anything else. Such an exhilarating, fun experience which I would do over every single day of my life!

Visited November 2013

Sydney, Australia
“my first tandem skydive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Amazing experience!!!!! And great staff - professional, friendly, fun. This was a gift from my husband :) Ended up going up in the plane twice because on the first ascent there was some ice in the air, brrrrr and ouch that would have hurt!!! But a couple of hours later we went up again, got the all clear (no ice this time!) and off freefalling I went! All in all a sensational day, nothing like it!

Visited October 2013
Canberra, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful location, outdone only by the standard of tuition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

In October 2013 my brother and I went to Moruya after having signed up for the A licence package. Skydiving itself is a pretty incredible activity to experience, but if you're reading this then you're already contemplating the idea of plummeting to earth at some 200kmh so you don't need me to sell you on that aspect. What I will say though, is the set-up at Moruya is outstanding. I've done lots of training courses across a pretty broad variety of settings, but the reasons I rate this course so highly are:
1. The quality of the teaching staff. Dan was initially our primary instructor, but Jules, Terry and Casey all became involved and all are excellent at inspiring confidence (absolutely essential), explaining/demonstrating concepts and techniques, providing detailed feedback and encouragement. And massive thanks to Shana - your parachute packing skills were always hugely appreciated and I wish you well on your path from coach to fully qualified instructor.
2. The pace of the course. It's not called accelerated because you go from 0 - 200kmh. The course stages move fast. There's no mucking around in the progression through the AFF stages - keeping everything in your head and putting into practice was quite the challenge for me. But of course, the ability to tailor the course to spend more time on certain stages or otherwise tweak your program to your own needs is there, and was easily accommodated by the staff.
3. The location is stunning. From the ground, and particularly from the air. Granted you've got other things to worry about in freefall, but even at certain moments in freefall (during a lovely stable 360 I managed to pull off), under canopy and during the flight up, the coastal setting is beautiful. We were even able to see whales breaching on the flight up!
4. The live-in aspect of the course, weather dependent of course, is great; it really allows for an intensive training program. After the day of ground training we were able to get five jumps in, with training/briefings in between. The amenities aren't flashy, granted, but they do the job just fine - I'm usually (somewhat pretentiously, I'll admit) picky about such things when travelling, but on this trip I couldn't have cared less. And Moruya is a lovely town, with plenty to offer too and there's always the option of finding accommodation in town if you don't want the bunk bed experience (note - the beds are a challenge if you're tall as they have both a bed head and foot. I'm 6'4" and I imagine you'd have to be well under 6' to be able to stretch out).
Highly, highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
Batemans Bay, New South Wales, Australia
“No Nuggets Left in Pants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Sky Dive Oz nothing short of top notch people. All involved made this experience possibly the best so far in my life (close 2nd whale sharks @Ningaloo Reef!). Massive thank you to Dan. You are a champ mate and I appreciate how easy you made the tandem sky dive for me.

Visited September 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellently Extreme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Staff were great, went with a big group of friends and the day ran very smoothy. Parachute worked and I'm hooked! Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013