“Relaxing stay with great views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bannisters Point Lodge

You added Bannisters Point Lodge to your Saves list
Bannisters Point Lodge
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Mitchell Parade, Mollymook, Shoalhaven, New South Wales 2539, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mollymook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Relaxing stay with great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here with the wife for 2 nights recently. Had a balcony Spa room. Expensive but very nice with a view of the ocean. After sharing a drink in the Spa we were feeling relaxed. Next day we had a swim in the pool and saw a small pod of whales frolicking in the ocean just off shore. We stayed in the infinity pool and watched them for a good 10 minutes before they moved on up the coast. Room was modern and comfortable. Bed was excellent. All topped off by a lovely meal at Rick Steins seafood restaurant on our second evening. Great location, quiet and relaxing. Only complaint is the price. It's expensive so make it a special occasion.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at Bannisters Point Lodge, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Rod V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bannisters.

I am very pleased you had such a relaxing stay and got to watch the whales playing off the headland!

During the shoulder season we have some wonderful specials that offer accommodation and dining at great value. I do hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Peter Bacon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My partner and I spent Sunday afternoon through to Tues morning at Bannisters recently - in the terrace penthouse. The room was amazing. It was very relaxing and we enjoyed ourselves very much.

We thoroughly enjoyed a meal from Rick Stein's restaurant. We loved the bowl of fresh fruit and the selection of tea made available in the room.

The spa was great. Even though it rained, we still enjoyed ourselves. We both had an 80 minute massage at the day spa - and afterwards I purchased numerous goodies.

The staff were really nice. There is only one minor thing for the staff to be aware of - and that is late at night, at the end of the Staff Only stairway outside the restaurant entry - is that some of them stand and talk loudly which echoes up into the penthouse....

Dear Elaine S,

Thank you very much for your review, I am thrilled you had such a wonderful time.

Despite the rain, it is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the Dayspa and got to relax and unwind.

Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant entrance. I have passed your comments onto our Head Chef and Restaurant manager to share with all the staff.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Bannisters over Melbourne Cup weekend and it was great. Our standard ocean deluxe room had a stunning view out over the pool and to the ocean beyond from both inside the room and from the small exterior balcony. Our room was comfortable and having read other recent reviews here I had anticipated it might be a little tired or rundown. However, it was neither. On the contrary, it felt fresh and clean and the only very minor thing I wished were slightly different was the tiny bathroom and shower that required a vaguely rubix cubesque manoeuvre to close the glass door after hopping out.
The pool bar area is cosy and a pretty spot to have a drink in the evening. The pool itself is small but beautiful and, again, it is hard to beat sitting in a lounger there with the sparkling pool in front and deep blue ocean beyond.
Service throughout our whole weekend was friendly.
I think Bannisters has very successfully walked the fine line between creating a stylish but relaxed hotel while retaining a strong sense of the building’s heritage as a simple, Aussie seaside motel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at Bannisters Point Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Trovamiqui,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bannisters.
Thank you for your compliments, all our rooms have been recently refurbished and I am very pleased you could appreciate the unique character of our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Bannisters.
Orange, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were so looking forward to this weekend away but.........We arrived the reception greeting was excellent. We were surprised at no offer of help with our bags up the stairs. Walked into our room initial impression - nice, balcony had a lovely view, better quality coffee and tea offerings along with pretty mugs and useful crockery and cutlery items- but then on closer inspection - a piece of replaced carpet in the middle of the floor (looked terrible), the shower was not as clean as it should have been a little on the mouldy side. I visited the Day Spa and had a lovely massage, very enjoyable and the staff were very friendly. We had dinner in the restaurant - underwhelmed - the food was OK nothing exceptional especially at the prices charged. We ordered a bottle of wine - my glass was filled but not my husbands! Breakfast was as you would expect. The continental option the same as most hotels. We had to wait for the bread basket to be refilled and the staff were slow at clearing the table.You can choose to order a cooked breakfast as well. I was in shock when I was told I would have to pay $4 for a coffee!!! Really!!! when you consider the cost of staying you would imagine that coffee would be part of the deal!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at Bannisters Point Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Pumpkin20,
Thank you for your review and feedback from your stay at Bannisters.
I am very sorry to hear you left Bannisters disappointed, this is most certainly not the impression we wish for our guests to depart with and had you sought me out during your stay I would have done my absolute best to ameliorate the situation.

We do have a baggage service that is available to all guests and I am very surprised to hear this was not offered to you upon check in. In addition, you have raised some points that I would certainly like to investigate. I would still very much like to speak to you and should you have a moment my direct email address is below.

I hope to speak to you soon.
peterbacon@bannistyers.com.au
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a weekend away and had a fantastic time! Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful, which started the stay off well. The room was recently renovated and very nice (spa room I think) with comfortable bedding and furnishings. The restaurant was amazing, disappointed they charge a surcharge on a Sunday considering the prices and their reputation but the meal and wine were great. Breakfast was also great. Would definitely come back again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Emilou285,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bannisters with the Tripadvisor Community.
All our rooms have been recently refurbished and I am very pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Bannisters.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed in the Penthouse, which was very spacious and nicely appointed. We had room service from the restaurant and the food was excellent.

Few niggles - the outdoor pool while nice and warm was full of bugs, could have done with a skim. The towels weren't great and there was no turn-down service - our Saturday lunch plates were still there when we left on Sunday afternoon.

Weekend high season rates are pretty steep, but it would be great value at the mid-week prices. The staff were friendly and accommodating and allowed us a late 1pm check out. Overall very nice and we recommend it.

Stayed November 2013
Peter B, General Manager at Bannisters Point Lodge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Kristin F,
Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. I am very pleased to hear you had a relaxing stay and were well looked after by our staff.

I am surprised to hear that our housekeeping was not up to our usually high standards. I have passed on your feedback and will personally be following up with our housekeeping staff.

I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Bannisters soon.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent 2 nights here in a suite. The room was spacious with a stunning view however it was very tired - walls needing a paint, stained carpets, average quality beds and linen. On arrival we were told that the restaurant was closed both nights - not ideal. Customer service was functional but nothing more. Overall, over priced at 350 dollars a night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at Bannisters Point Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Glynldwell,
Thank you for your feedback from your stay at Bannisters.
I am very disappointed to hear you were underwhelmed by your experience at Bannisters. Our restaurant is closed on Monday and Tuesday and this is confirmed both verbally and in writing during the booking process. I do apologise if you were not advised and would appreciate you letting me know how you booked your accommodation. Our maintenance team regularly works on all our rooms and I would very much like to follow up on your comments. My direct email address is below, should you have a moment I would be grateful for your assistance so I can address these issues as soon as possible.

peterbacon@bannisters.com.au

Been to Bannisters Point Lodge? Share your experiences!