This place is certainly one of the better establishments I have ever stayed at. With sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, Bannisters offers an intimate experience on the South Coast of NSW.
First lets talk about the rooms:
We stayed in a spa room, and it was well worth the extra coin. There is a privacy screen on your deck so you can easily move around without and prying eyes! The spa fits two adults and gives direct views to the ocean. The bathroom is functional, albeit a little small, and the bed is perfectly comfortable. Full of white and bright colors the place is lit up wonderfully wen you first walk in.
We only ate breakfast there and it was spot on. A great selection of food, indoor and outdoor seating options, you can easily waste the morning over a coffee whilst enjoying the view.
The hotel has a large in ground infinity pool that overlooks the ocean. Adjacent to it is the bar with a large selection of seating from sun lounges, to beach chairs, large comfortable lounge chairs, and cocktail tables. Whilst there is spa treatment options we did not use then this time around. Free internet is included in the room rate. We also had the hotel run us down to Mollymook and come and get us late that night (we were at a wedding) at no extra cost.
Well, what can I say. The view is just amazing, the ambiance is of a peaceful location where you are miles from anything remotely offensive. You can walk down to Mollymook beach in approx 15m, allow double that to walk into the town centre and yes it is downhill from the hotel to town.
This place is not cheap, however for quality, location, and the atmosphere I think it has great value.
I would go there again anytime, the place and the customer service really is above standard. For a romantic weekend away this is a perfect place to take your loved one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1970s as a seaside motel, a succession of upgrades and refurbishments now sees our accommodation offering 4.5 star rooms with panoramic ocean views and private balconies. We offer a choice of ocean deluxe, spa rooms, luxury suites, jacuzzi decks and penthouses as well as Rick Stein at Bannisters restaurant, a pizza bar and rejuvenating day spa. With close proximity to local surf beaches, Bannisters makes an excellent choice for your coastal retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Bannisters Point Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bannisters Point Hotel Mollymook
- Bannisters Point Mollymook