If you don't mind spending money and like a nice view, this is worth a visit.
However, the reservation set up is rather puzzling. Booking direct started at $250/night. Booking through Wotif started at $200/night (plus booking fee). I was advised by the charming reservations lady at Bannisters to book through Wotif as the price was not negotiable. So the message is - don't expect a good price going direct.
People don't seem to mind paying, as Bannisters was pretty full for a mid week night in the depths of winter.
Rooms are just about ok for the money - you are paying for the view. Which are pretty good. A long way from the beach though. Hence the views. Don't bring the kids.
The bar lounge set up will force people to share lounge sofas if they want comfort and views at the same time. Tip is to get there early and score the best spot.
The restaurant is pricey, but the food and service was up to scratch. So we were not unhappy.
Service was satisfactory. Unusual to have young men attend to room servicing immediately after checkout.
Will we return? Probably. With a full wallet. But we will check around for the best price first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1970s as a seaside motel, a succession of upgrades and refurbishments now sees our accommodation offering 4.5 star rooms with panoramic ocean views and private balconies. We offer a choice of ocean deluxe, spa rooms, luxury suites, jacuzzi decks and penthouses as well as Rick Stein at Bannisters restaurant, a pizza bar and rejuvenating day spa. With close proximity to local surf beaches, Bannisters makes an excellent choice for your coastal retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Bannisters Point Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bannisters Point Hotel Mollymook
- Bannisters Point Mollymook